Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

Replies

• ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 503Member Member Posts: 503Member Member
    besmith11 wrote: »
    ashley1401 wrote: »
    Today is not a good day, I have managed to lock myself out of my house and no way of getting in until my husband gets home when ever that may be.
    Also means I have no car- I was lucky I had my phone and bank card on me so I could get to work still!! Does mean I have no lunch and no car to get any do I am eating scraps of bad food I have hiding in my desk!!!

That sucks. Your saga must have traveled across the pond! Fell, did the splits on ice, and ripped my pants. Called my boss to let her know I would be running back home but found out my car keys are locked in the car. No extra set available until the end of the day.

I will laugh about this tomorrow though!

We will either laugh or cry... right now it feels like cry!!
  • benn8895benn8895 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    Week one didnt go well. Eating wise I did ok but I had surgery on my arm on Friday and have been out of commission longer than I thought. No weight loss but no gain either so I guess that's something lol
  • bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    besmith11 wrote: »
    Today is not a good day, I have managed to lock myself out of my house and no way of getting in until my husband gets home when ever that may be.
    Also means I have no car- I was lucky I had my phone and bank card on me so I could get to work still!! Does mean I have no lunch and no car to get any do I am eating scraps of bad food I have hiding in my desk!!!

That sucks. Your saga must have traveled across the pond! Fell, did the splits on ice, and ripped my pants. Called my boss to let her know I would be running back home but found out my car keys are locked in the car. No extra set available until the end of the day.

I will laugh about this tomorrow though!

We will either laugh or cry... right now it feels like cry!!

Oh no! I would definitely be in the crying camp
  • pnst84everpnst84ever Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    My exciting first two week losses have slowed down. I'm still watching and counting everything. I'm trying to stay about 200 calories under my goal. I don't eat my exercise calories. I was running every day, but I've had a sore ankle and knee for a couple days, so I'm back to walking. Plus it's really cold right now.
    pnst84ever wrote: »
    My exciting first two week losses have slowed down. I'm still watching and counting everything. I'm trying to stay about 200 calories under my goal. I don't eat my exercise calories. I was running every day, but I've had a sore ankle and knee for a couple days, so I'm back to walking. Plus it's really cold right now.

It is very cold and the wind is harsh, I have been using a neckie type thing to stop the cold air going directly in my lungs it eases it alot. I have enjoyed being able to run for 2 days this week during the day instead of night but that's over now and we are back to night running xx
  • reflectionofmereflectionofme Posts: 239Member Member Posts: 239Member Member
    Starting weight ~ 270.8
    Challenge Starting Weight ~ 184.1
    Challenge Goal Weight ~ 159.1

01/07/19 ~ 184.1
    01/14/19 ~ 180.8

I plan to do this by eating 1250 calories a day and exercising 90 minutes 4-5x a week. As for why... well it is time to get my life back.
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 163Member Member Posts: 163Member Member
    Starting weight: 215
    Today's Weight: 209

Slow progress, but I'm working on it!
  • SomedayButtonsSomedayButtons Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Yay! Finally some results!!!!
    I cut back on the calories a little more this week. I felt somewhat sluggish adjusting, so I waited five days to increase my work out intensity. Hope I found the right mix!

What foods pep you guys up when you feel worn out?
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Starting Weight: 260 - 118.18 kgs (January 2018)
    CW: 185.8 lbs. (84.45 kgs)
    GW: 140 (63.63 kgs)
    Challenge Weight: 179 (81.36 kgs)

January 12th: 184.6 (Loss of 1.2 lbs)
    January 20th: 182.6 (Loss of 2 lbs.)

Was able to do more of the Leslie Sansone walking videos. Did not hit my fish consumption this week. Able to do my body weight exercises 3 times this week, even if it was only a half of the routine. I really haven't had an appetite this week due to some medical issues.

Been able to freeze quite a few meals but my husband is a little hesitant to "cook" anything because the last time he tried to he burned what I had originally made for reheating. While I understand being somewhat hesitant, I just cannot seem to get him to acknowledge that I cannot/don't want to be eating takeout/fast food/whatever he picks up during the time I am not able to cook/do a whole lot for myself.

I guess my backup plan for this is if he does choose to go the fast food/takeout route is to see if he can go to a chain that is in MFP or has their nutritional information on their website so I can monitor my caloric intake that way.
  • lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 215Member Member Posts: 215Member Member
    @besmith11 , so sorry to hear of your problems. I hear that you are worrying about the lack of control over your food intake for the next few days. It can be a bit frightening to feel that after doing so well getting yourself to this point - lost nearly 80 lbs in 12 months is fantastic! - you may have to let that control slip for a bit. But, remind yourself that you can do this when you are fit again, and it won't take too long to repair any damage.
    Concentrate on getting well again, don't worry about anything else just now. Sending you a hug to get well soon.
  • lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 215Member Member Posts: 215Member Member
    Check – in
    Challenge start weight 55.5 kg (122 lb)
    Challenge goal weight 53.5 kg (118 lb)
    07/01 55.5 kg
    14/01 55 kg
    21/01 54.4 kg
    Weight lost this week 0.6 kg (just over 1 lb)
    Happy with that, it took a couple of days to recover from a Chinese buffet meal on Thursday evening.
    We are away on a short break this week – 3 nights away, so four days of eating out lunch and evenings. It’s a self-catering cottage so I shall take my usual breakfast and we will cook our own dinner once or twice. I may be able to get to a swimming pool once or twice but other than that the only exercise will be walking during the day.
    I'm ahead of my planned weight loss at the moment, can still reach the challenge goal.
  • rimtorimgoalrimtorimgoal Posts: 103Member Member Posts: 103Member Member
    Check-in
    SW: 201
    Ultimate GW: 150

Jan. 7 - 201
    Jan. 14 – 198.7 – 2.3 pounds down
    Jan. 21 – 197.6 – 3.4 pounds down
    Jan. 28
    Feb. 4
    Feb. 11

I've been recording daily so this is very exciting to see week to week.
  • bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    SW: 155
    Ht: 5ft 3

1/7: 127.2
    1/14: 129.2
    1/21: 128

Got the weight trending app libra this week finally because my fluctuations have increased big time which is annoying. Hoping that helps me keep my eye on the prize and not get discouraged by daily ups and downs. I've heard the last 10lb were hard and that is quickly proving true!
    Exercise has been good, I had a slight splurge over weekend with treats but nothing crazy. Ready to face this week!
  • ksales507ksales507 Posts: 9Member, Premium Member Posts: 9Member, Premium Member
    Check in!

SW: 122
    Week 1: 121.2
    Week 2: 121.2
    Challenge Goal: 119-119.5

Fell off the MFP wagon this week. Didn’t get on communities much. Didn’t track til the end of the day some days, and did not control the sugar monster very well. All in all, I think I got lucky to have not gained.

This week, trying to try harder.
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Posts: 280Member Member Posts: 280Member Member
    So I had the stomach flu this week... so my loss looks impressive but was miserable attaining lol. Also, I have noticed that stomach flu weight loss never sticks so I'll try to ride this train as long as I can!

Starting challenge weight: 165
    Week 1: 164.2
    Week 2 161
    End of challenge goal: 158
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 163Member Member Posts: 163Member Member
    Had a so-so week. Some good days, some not so good. Today is a new week!

Starting weight: 215lbs
    Current weight: 209.8
    Another week down everyone, well done and thank you for checking in!!!

I have again maintained, my plan which is perfect for me. I managed my longest run yesterday morning in ages, 6.3 miles and it felt great to he back to my old distance (even if it turns out to be a one time wonder).

Xx
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    @besmith11 , so sorry to hear of your problems. I hear that you are worrying about the lack of control over your food intake for the next few days. It can be a bit frightening to feel that after doing so well getting yourself to this point - lost nearly 80 lbs in 12 months is fantastic! - you may have to let that control slip for a bit. But, remind yourself that you can do this when you are fit again, and it won't take too long to repair any damage.
    Concentrate on getting well again, don't worry about anything else just now. Sending you a hug to get well soon.

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm hoping that I won't be out of commission too long. I don't expect to exercise for at least another three to four weeks after January 30th. However, if I can still do a fairly decent job at maintaining my current weight then I know I can do this for long-term.

I guess I am just a little frustrated with my other half for not even being willing to reheat (read: microwave) the items I have cooked and already put into MFP's recipe planner. I'm sure he is having some emotional health issues too with all of this as I have never had a surgical procedure. I'm sure he means well, because he always has my best interest at heart, it's just frustrating.
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    SW: 190
    Challenge Goal: 138
    Ultimate Goal:120

Jan 07 - 146.2
    Jan 14 - 145.1
    Jan 21 - 144.4
  • ilovemyheartilovemyheart Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Alright I’ve been following along just forgetting to post my numbers here. Congrats to everyone who is sticking this through!
    7th ~265
    14 ~ 254
    21 ~ 251

Keto really has been working so far for me. I did fall of the wagon and cave to sugar the other day but am not letting a Side step stop me back on track this week. :)