Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

Replies

• reflectionofmereflectionofme Posts: 215Member Member Posts: 215Member Member
    Starting weight ~ 270.8
    Challenge Starting Weight ~ 184.1
    Challenge Goal Weight ~ 159.1

01/07/19 ~ 184.1
    01/14/19 ~ 180.8
    01/21/19 ~ 177.7

• SomedayButtonsSomedayButtons Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Check in: 160.5. (Down1.5).
    Trying to find encouragement in my consistency. Those were hard fought pounds! Had to cut back to 1200-1300 calories (which was tough for me). Hopeful for continued progress!
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Trying to find encouragement in my consistency. Those were hard fought pounds! Had to cut back to 1200-1300 calories (which was tough for me). Hopeful for continued progress!

Might your deficit be too large? I know when I have issues like that it is because I set my weight loss goal to a very aggressive level.
    besmith11 wrote: »

Might your deficit be too large? I know when I have issues like that it is because I set my weight loss goal to a very aggressive level.

I’m not really sure. Nothing budged at 1450, so after a week of no progress I gradually cut back and added a few higher intensity workouts. Finally saw progress and don’t feel too ravenous or weak. Open to ideas to keep progress going! Thanks for taking time to reply!!
    Good on the not feeling ravenous part!! You started at 162, right? And how much do you have to lose? It might also help to know gender, height, and age.

I know it is difficult when we don't see changes from week to week but as you noted earlier weight loss is not linear. It might help to wait at least 4 weeks before changing anything so you can get more reliable data from your new habit. 6 weeks would be even better if you're a female due to cycles and what not.

Wow, I have spent way too much time on the forums!!
  • deepwoodsladydeepwoodslady Posts: 984Member Member Posts: 984Member Member
    Female named Donna from the Midwest USA ….. 5’ 5” tall……. 58 years young.

145320379.png

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Highest Weight Ever: 253 (2014/2015)
    Original MFP starting Weight on this current journey: 235.0 (Jan 11, 2018)

Challenge Starting Weight: 183.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177.1
    Challenge Ending Weight: TBD

01/07: 183.6 Starting Weight
    01/14: 183.4 slow as molasses. It was so much easier when I was younger!

01/21: 185.4 Emotional & stress eating due to some personal emergencies & business problems. Ugg. Trying to resolve the problems & get back on my personal journey of good health & weight control. I’m not giving up during this turmoil, no matter what!

01/28:

02/04:

02/11:

Weight Lost so far during challenge: 1.8 GAIN

Final Challenge Thoughts:
    Rats! Went over calorie goal by 50 today. Here is to a better tomorrow!
    Good on the not feeling ravenous part!! You started at 162, right? And how much do you have to lose? It might also help to know gender, height, and age.

I know it is difficult when we don't see changes from week to week but as you noted earlier weight loss is not linear. It might help to wait at least 4 weeks before changing anything so you can get more reliable data from your new habit. 6 weeks would be even better if you're a female due to cycles and what not.

Wow, I have spent way too much time on the forums!!

Female , 37, 5’3”, 4kids worth of weight to lose lol
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 158Member Member Posts: 158Member Member
    OMG I am stressed out--life stuff, grad school stuff, kid stuff---and last night I ate my feelings. Fortunately, there was only a tiny increase on the scale today, but I need to get my *kitten* in gear and focus again.
    So emergency surgery happened on Wednesday. Not something I was expecting until 1/30. Recovering so may not weigh in on Sunday. Feel like I have been hit by a few trucks. Hopefully will be feeling better in a few days.
  • ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 494Member Member Posts: 494Member Member
    So emergency surgery happened on Wednesday. Not something I was expecting until 1/30. Recovering so may not weigh in on Sunday. Feel like I have been hit by a few trucks. Hopefully will be feeling better in a few days.

No need to weigh in,just keep popping in. I hope all is as ok as can be xx
    ashley1401 wrote: »

No need to weigh in,just keep popping in. I hope all is as ok as can be xx

Thanks. Definitely have temporary water weight. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • leecha2014leecha2014 Posts: 392Member, Premium Member Posts: 392Member, Premium Member
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    I would love to join, I’ve never been part of a challenge before.
    SW 267lb 2014
    CW 215lb - was 177 gained over past year :(
    GW- 155
    Challenge Goal: is 195lb

This is aggressive I know. I’m increasing my workouts, 45 min Bootcamp 3-4X per week, starting to run again 3X per week.
    Doing a 5 day juice cleanse end of Jan, only juice.
    During the last few days will eat dust and ice cubes if I need to!

Week 1&2

I didn't post last week as I had some unexpected personal things consume me plus caused some weigh gain due to stress so that didn't help! However, last week I was able to get back on track and completed 3/5 days juice cleanse. I decided 3 days was enough, I felt very tired and wanted to enjoy this weekend. The benefit of my juice cleanse is that I dropped weight and sodium, hopefully it stays off! It was the kick in the butt I needed though and really, it was pure organic juice so a good re-start after over-indulging.

Stats:

CW: 206.4
    Loss: 8.6lb.
    11.6 lb to reach GW challenge.

I've just now started to get back into running and will track food plus reduce alcohol.

Good luck everyone!
  • leecha2014leecha2014 Posts: 392Member, Premium Member Posts: 392Member, Premium Member

Week 1&2

I didn't post last week as I had some unexpected personal things consume me plus caused some weigh gain due to stress so that didn't help! However, last week I was able to get back on track and completed 3/5 days juice cleanse. I decided 3 days was enough, I felt very tired and wanted to enjoy this weekend. The benefit of my juice cleanse is that I dropped weight and sodium, hopefully it stays off! It was the kick in the butt I needed though and really, it was pure organic juice so a good re-start after over-indulging.

Stats:

CW: 206.4
    Loss: 8.6lb.
    11.6 lb to reach GW challenge.

I've just now started to get back into running and will track food plus reduce alcohol.

Good luck everyone!
  • ilovemyheartilovemyheart Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Check in time! Had a good week this week even managed to walk 14 000 steps today :) have a cardiologist appt this week hoping for the green light to go on a trip in two weeks .

7th ~265
    14 ~ 254
    21 ~ 251
    27 ~ 248.5
  • lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Check – in
    Challenge start weight 55.5 kg (122 lb)
    Challenge goal weight 53.5 kg (118 lb)
    07/01 55.5 kg
    14/01 55 kg
    21/01 54.4 kg
    28/01 54.3 kg
    Total loss 1.2 kg (2.6 lb)
    Still on track, the 3 day break went well – I managed the eating and drinking, and even had a swim on Wednesday. But Monday and Thursday were taken up with driving and shopping. I didn’t expect to lose weight this week, just maintain. I think I’m probably holding some water weight today. I went to visit my son and his family yesterday – took my mother up with me – and it’s a good 90 minute drive each way, so good food and very little exercise. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 54.1, so should see that number again soon.
  • ksales507ksales507 Posts: 9Member, Premium Member Posts: 9Member, Premium Member

SW: 122
    Week 1: 121.2
    Week 2: 121.2
    Week3: 121.7 :s
    Challenge Goal: 119-119.5

Most frustrating thing.... my Thursday weigh in was 120.4.
  • rimtorimgoalrimtorimgoal Posts: 63Member Member Posts: 63Member Member
    Check-in
    SW: 201
    Ultimate GW: 150

Jan. 7 - 201
    Jan. 14 – 198.7 – 2.3 pounds down
    Jan. 21 – 197.6 – 1.1 pounds down (3.4 pounds total)
    Jan. 28 – 195.3 – 2.3 pounds down (5.7 pounds total)
    Feb. 4
    Feb. 11
  • epetcu217epetcu217 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I would love to join

Original weight: 54 kg
    CW: 54 kg
    GW : 49 kg

I want to stop eating carbs and sweets and implement a healthier lifestyle
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Posts: 184Member Member Posts: 184Member Member
    Check in time!

I recovered from the flu and gained about 2 pounds of that back but then lost it and a couple ounces more. So even though it looks like I only lost 2 ounces this week... is more like 2 pounds 2 ounces lol. Keeps me motivated to think of it that way!

Starting weight 165
    Week 1: 164.2
    Week 2: 161
    Week 3: 160.8
    Goal weight for challenge: 158

Thanks for keeping me motivated!!