Sabotage or just being too sensitive

Options
124»

Replies

• ImNikki6
    ImNikki6 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    From what you said you did tell him you were trying to avoid soda and than he brings YOU the soda, not him or for the house but you he than gets upset when you remind him... does he get upset like ohh dang sorry or like upset at you for not wanting the soda he got you? To me it could be him trying to derail you. My husband who is very thin but does eat junk, normally its stuff I do not like but..... backfround.. I've always been chunky and hubby loves it so when I try to eat healthy ge will be on board a few days and when he sees me doing good, he will be like ohhh let's get Dunkin donuts or hell make a batch of cookies. I've learned to not say anything when I try to lose weight, I just got back on MFP last week, DH noticed i haven't been snacking at night and 2 nights ago he tried to give me something and I said ohh I'm trying to not snacking at night... last night he made brownies (my fav). Yes it's on me to resist, which I have BUT it's nice to have support at home. I would try to have a nice talk with hubby about it and see where it goes. I love my hubby but I have to say, he always tries to derail my healthy eating and I actually feel more empowered and proud of myself when I resist it
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You could always weigh the drink on the food scale & split it between your spouse & yourself. Or take the drink to work & give it to someone who enjoys Dr. Pepper.

Or give the drink to someone who is homeless.
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe it’s just such a habit for him that he’s forgetting. It’s tempting once it’s there so it’s hard to resist it then when you see it. Maybe he just needs a gentle reminder?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Why not share this one with him, but you measure out like half a cup and make sure you log it. Then like the previous person said, let him know what would make you feel loved that he COULD do for you next time -- like La Croix or Skinny Pop popcorn or something.
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't know enough about you or your relationship to make a judgment here but I will say the best advice I got when I started this journey was "remember, not everyone wants to see you succeed."

It's usually unintentional or subconscious but people resist change. If someone is used to you laying around on the couch and snacking with them, that's what they want to continue. Make changes gradually, respect that he's not in the same place and he isn't making changes, and be kind to him and yourself. But if you really want to lose weight you have to sometimes say no to "nice" gestures like bringing you food that you can't fit into your calorie goals that day.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    From my point of view, short of secretly switching my food and drink for higher calorie version without me knowing no one is capable of sabotaging me except me.

I am responsible for myself. I am accountable for my decisions. I'm a grown adult and it's nobody's job except mine to decide what I do and don't do. If someone offers me food or drink that will cause me to consume too many calories and I accept then that's entirely on me, not them.

I refuse to cede control of my life to anyone else. The minute I start to lay blame for my actions at someone else's doorstep is the minute I leave myself open to make excuses. I won't do that to myself.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options

Danp wrote: »
    From my point of view, short of secretly switching my food and drink for higher calorie version without me knowing no one is capable of sabotaging me except me.

I am responsible for myself. I am accountable for my decisions. I'm a grown adult and it's nobody's job except mine to decide what I do and don't do. If someone offers me food or drink that will cause me to consume too many calories and I accept then that's entirely on me, not them.

I refuse to cede control of my life to anyone else. The minute I start to lay blame for my actions at someone else's doorstep is the minute I leave myself open to make excuses. I won't do that to myself.

that all sounds well and good ... and how it perhaps should be? It would just be nice if significant others would acknowledge .. realize... and be supportive when their mate is trying to improve themselves. It is a key element of of a good relationship. I don't want to be put to the will power test in my home by my best friend and husband.