Hitting Protein

2»

Replies

• IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    IronGiant0 wrote: »
    I just track total carbs.
    At the end of the day keeps me lower...

Are you tracking all vegetables? Including lettuces, leafy greens, broccoli, cucumbers, celery?

I track everything that goes into my mouth. And if in doubt I weigh and measure. Just seems to me that Net Carbs is almost cheating.
    "There's so much fiber on xxxxx that I can eat twice as much!"

Good luck...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Net Carbs from whole food sources are not cheating...fiber is indigestible so you aren't really consuming those carbs.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    I just track total carbs.
    At the end of the day keeps me lower...

Are you tracking all vegetables? Including lettuces, leafy greens, broccoli, cucumbers, celery?

I track everything that goes into my mouth. And if in doubt I weigh and measure. Just seems to me that Net Carbs is almost cheating.
    "There's so much fiber on xxxxx that I can eat twice as much!"

Good luck...

My primary sources of carbs are probably broccoli, cauliflower and kale - maybe collard greens. I have never had the "I can eat twice as much" cross my mind. Maybe it will now, but I doubt it.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    I do a lower fat version of keto, but just focus on getting enough fat for satiation and nutrition absorption.

This is also what I do most of the time. But there are days like yesterday when my body was telling me it needed a change and I was craving nuts. A few ounces of peanuts and a good dose of salt and extra magnesium and I'm back to normal.

2t9nty wrote: »
    My primary sources of carbs are probably broccoli, cauliflower and kale - maybe collard greens.

You're speaking my language. I grew up on garden fresh veggies. Broccoli, collards, spinach, squash, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc. Cauliflower was never a favorite until recently, now I rice it up in place of traditional rice or make a pizza crust once in a blue moon. Before my health deteriorated and I moved halfway across the country I used to have one heck of a garden.