Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Problems with site

Melanball1Melanball1 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
Is anyone else experiencing problems entering food? I can't add it no matter how many times I hit the button.

Replies

• fotoman515fotoman515 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    I'm having the same problem on my laptop but can still enter them on my iPhone App.
  • MonkeyMel21MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,366Member Member Posts: 2,366Member Member
    On my iphone app it's fine, but as of yesterday on google chrome on my desktop my home page won't even load. I think I can still go in and add my food but I know at least one of my MFP friends has been having that issue for a couple of days.
  • coldwaterjohncoldwaterjohn Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Same problem using P.C./Windows 10.
  • try2againtry2again Posts: 3,265Member Member Posts: 3,265Member Member
    This has been part of a known issue for a few days. They seem to have mostly worked it out on the phone app, but I'm hearing PCs are still affected. I'm on a Chromebook and mine is working fine, so maybe it's just an intermittent thing at this point due to volume of users.

You can always check in here when there are problems, or send a note to the help desk:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/?
  • jjpptt2jjpptt2 Posts: 4,415Member Member Posts: 4,415Member Member
    Clear your browser cache.
  • MommyL2015MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411Member Member Posts: 1,411Member Member
    All of a sudden, it's a cache-clearing problem? It's not a cache-clearing problem. If you have to clear your cache every time you want to come in and log your food, there's something wrong with the site.
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    All of a sudden, it's a cache-clearing problem? It's not a cache-clearing problem. If you have to clear your cache every time you want to come in and log your food, there's something wrong with the site.

Some of us have been sharing info we've seen or tips others are finding useful... you know, trying to be helpful & make the best of an otherwise frustrating situation?
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 20,811Member Member Posts: 20,811Member Member

The two statements can both be true. There can be something wrong with the site or issues with sub-optimal performance *and* there may be steps that individuals can take to workaround the issues until they are entirely resolved.
  • lcartmill53lcartmill53 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Yesterday evening the site was definitely having multiple problems including syncing with pretty much any device including my Misfit Shine and I saw other people‘s Fitbit too. But the diary log wasn’t working properly as well and when I tried to open the MFP website on my laptop nothing was working there. So I sent them an email and they pretty well replied with things I had already tried. Like reconnecting the Bluetooth, reconnecting the MFP app to the Misfit and vice versa. I powered my phone off and power it back on, pretty much every trick I have ever been told when you’re having electronic problems with a device. So this morning early I look at it and everything seems to be working correctly. And now this afternoon around 1 o’clock or so, it is no longer syncing to my misfit shine again. And I was having trouble with entries on the diary log and searching for food in the database. I sure hope they figure out what the problem is soon because this does not help the people who are trying to eat properly and track the foods they are eating so that they are aware when they’re over doing some things and under doing things they need to be eating more of. You know it’s already a task entering everything you eat and drink into an app, and then the app quits working properly. Kind of discouraging overall.
  • FireRox21FireRox21 Posts: 424Member Member Posts: 424Member Member
    I'm still having problems. The site is not syncing with the app. I changed my goals and neither the site or the app are working. I love this site because my foods are already programmed and it makes it easier to fill out meals. Getting kinda pissed. Is there another site that we can use?
    FireRox21 wrote: »
    I'm still having problems. The site is not syncing with the app. I changed my goals and neither the site or the app are working. I love this site because my foods are already programmed and it makes it easier to fill out meals. Getting kinda pissed. Is there another site that we can use?

I've never tried them, but there's fatsecret and sparkpeople.
  • dbanks80dbanks80 Posts: 3,417Member Member Posts: 3,417Member Member
    I was having that problem yesterday on my laptop but not my phone
  • lcartmill53lcartmill53 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I have tried many other food/exercise tracking apps that do not work as well as MFP or as easily as it does. Or maybe I should say as it did in the past. I’ve used MFP for years with maybe an occasional glitch, for the most part it’s worked really well all the time. So I don’t understand why all of a sudden they’re having so many problems. And to me, even worse than the problems they’re having is that they are not communicating with the members. How hard would it be to put a notice on the homepage about what’s going on? Or at least let us know when they expect to have the problem resolved. I don’t want to go and find another food and exercise tracking app so I really hope they get this worked out soon.
    edited January 10
    I have tried many other food/exercise tracking apps that work as well as MFP or as easily as it does. Or maybe I should say as it did in the past. I’ve used MFP for years with maybe an occasional glitch, for the most part it’s worked really well all the time. So I don’t understand why all of a sudden they’re having so many problems. And to me, even worse than the problems they’re having is that they are not communicating with the members. How hard would it be to put a notice on the homepage about what’s going on? Or at least let us know when they expect to have the problem resolved. I don’t want to go and find another food and exercise tracking app so I really hope they get this worked out soon.

I think the biggest selling points for MFP have always been it's huge database and the people (long-time users). But of course, a huge database isn't a selling point if people can't access it.

It really will calm down in a couple of weeks around here. There's been lots of glitches I've found annoying over the years, but it's not like I can't manage my weight without things being functional 100% of the time. I seem to recall being able to lose weight before the internet ;)
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 17,948Member Member Posts: 17,948Member Member

I agree the underlying problem is definitely not cache related. But after they fix it, you may have to clear your cache.

ETA: fix it AGAIN, because it was working for me this AM and just stopped again.
    edited January 10
  • redmama19redmama19 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I can enter food in every meal except dinner. Been that way two days running now.
  • suenzzsuenzz Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Yes I am having trouble entering in the food diary....super frustrating!!!! And they don't seem to be acknowledging any problems with members as well.
    edited January 11
  • kmfox1957kmfox1957 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Yes, I am having trouble entering my foods. Has been a problem for a couple of days. I hope it is solved soon.
  • bronwynmacleodbronwynmacleod Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I am also still having the problems - can enter food I already have in my database but not new foods. Also the saving the meal function isn't working.
  • iowadianneiowadianne Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Works on my iPhone app, but only intermittently on laptop since Jan. 9. Would appreciate an official announcement or update from MyFitnessPal. Thanks!