Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Problems with site

2»

Replies

• lcartmill53lcartmill53 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Try2again wrote:
    I think the biggest selling points for MFP have always been it's huge database and the people (long-time users). But of course, a huge database isn't a selling point if people can't access it.

It really will calm down in a couple of weeks around here. There's been lots of glitches I've found annoying over the years, but it's not like I can't manage my weight without things being functional 100% of the time. I seem to recall being able to lose weight before the internet ;)[/quote]

I appreciate your opinion and as I stated in my post over the years MFP has basically worked very well with an exception of an occasional glitch every now and then. But this is not an occasional glitch. This has been going on for several days now and they appear to know there’s a problem because the app will all of a sudden start working for a few hours and then it goes down again. And yes, I am sure that I would continue to manage my weight or weight loss program without the help of MFP or some other app on the Internet, but I can certainly say that the use of these apps has made it so much easier to track and see where we may have problem areas that we need to work on. And sometimes just looking at and seeing the food and exercise that have been accomplished in one day can encourage you or at least show you the area you need to be more aware of. I guess the biggest irritation of all is that they are not communicating with their members as to what’s going on with the app. As I stated previously how hard would it be to update us on the homepage as to what’s happening with this app. There is no reason to leave us in the dark. Right now this morning it’s working again, let’s see if we can get through 24 hours without having a problem.

• try2againtry2again Posts: 2,951Member Member Posts: 2,951Member Member
    iowadianne wrote: »
    Works on my iPhone app, but only intermittently on laptop since Jan. 9. Would appreciate an official announcement or update from MyFitnessPal. Thanks!

I agree they should do a better job notifying users when such large-scale problems are being experienced, but at any given time, you can click on the "help" link at the top of the page and see if there's anything new in the way of updates. This is the last update they posted:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down

Not a lot of info there, so I assume they just don't have a lot to report. To some extent, the lingering issues may just be the servers being pushed to their limits with the January rush.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 19,769Member Member Posts: 19,769Member Member
    suenzz wrote: »
    Yes I am having trouble entering in the food diary....super frustrating!!!! And they don't seem to be acknowledging any problems with members as well.

There is acknowledgement here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down
  • 333loves333loves Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    I've been a premium member but screw that. I can't even get online and look at my information.
  • try2againtry2again Posts: 2,951Member Member Posts: 2,951Member Member
    Try2again wrote:
    I think the biggest selling points for MFP have always been it's huge database and the people (long-time users). But of course, a huge database isn't a selling point if people can't access it.

It really will calm down in a couple of weeks around here. There's been lots of glitches I've found annoying over the years, but it's not like I can't manage my weight without things being functional 100% of the time. I seem to recall being able to lose weight before the internet ;)

I appreciate your opinion and as I stated in my post over the years MFP has basically worked very well with an exception of an occasional glitch every now and then. But this is not an occasional glitch. This has been going on for several days now and they appear to know there’s a problem because the app will all of a sudden start working for a few hours and then it goes down again. And yes, I am sure that I would continue to manage my weight or weight loss program without the help of MFP or some other app on the Internet, but I can certainly say that the use of these apps has made it so much easier to track and see where we may have problem areas that we need to work on. And sometimes just looking at and seeing the food and exercise that have been accomplished in one day can encourage you or at least show you the area you need to be more aware of. I guess the biggest irritation of all is that they are not communicating with their members as to what’s going on with the app. As I stated previously how hard would it be to update us on the homepage as to what’s happening with this app. There is no reason to leave us in the dark. Right now this morning it’s working again, let’s see if we can get through 24 hours without having a problem.

[/quote]

Don't disagree with anything you said. I guess I just feel the product is what it is and it's up to the individual if it's worth the hassles to them or not. You would think business-wise they would be interested in making improvements. As it is, they seem overly concerned with rolling out "new features" that break half a dozen existing ones. I saw on one of my report pages that over 15000 people signed up for premium in the last week... if I had to guess, I'd say they've lost most of those subscriptions.
  • kyashlee50kyashlee50 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I am having the same problem trying to log food. It doesn't work on my laptop or pc but it works on my smartphone. Also it gives an error message at times.
2»