60 yrs and up

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @j29t Your baskets are absolutely beautiful!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    @j29t, your baskets are delightful! Such a practical looking bike for errands and things, too!

I've been thinking that I need to get some kind of rack/basket system for my bike so I could use it for small errands, too . . . but mine is a kind of gnarly looking hybrid (between a road bike and a mountain bike), so I think I'll be looking at something not so satisfyingly lovely as your overall setup. ;)

You did beautiful work on the baskets!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited June 2023
    Anyone else here on Team 1963!!!!

We are the newest members of this thread.

Ha Young One! Team 1953 here! Welcome aboard!

• Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    @alteredsteve175 Hang in there. Do what you can to relieve stress and find support. We're here to listen if you just need to vent. Take care of yourself.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @alteredsteve175 You are staying so focused, Steve, despite all the challenges. I'm glad you have so much support both here and in person. <3
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Thank you, @Pdc654 and @coblujay. I appreciate your kind words.

I walked three miles with the dog last night. Gotta' keep that up.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

Good show, Steve. That's good for both you and the dog, after all. ;)

It's good to hear from you. Like others, I'm cheering for you to find the best path in your difficult situation, and admire all the things you do to keep it together amongst the challenging circumstances. Hang in there!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,820 Member
    tnh2o wrote: »
    dg2b6v9qv7tv.jpg

Beautiful!
  • ridiculous59

Do it for the dog......and for you! Time alone to ruminate is time well spent. Especially in your circumstances.
  • alteredsteve175

Do it for the dog......and for you! Time alone to ruminate is time well spent. Especially in your circumstances.

Heard that. I find that walking gives me time to think and sort things out. Also helps to restore my patience - I always need that.
  • alteredsteve175
    tnh2o wrote: »
    dg2b6v9qv7tv.jpg

Awesome photo, Sandra!
  • ridiculous59
    New to MFP, and to fussing over my weight in general, but I qualify for this thread and weight is becoming an issue. The landscape pic is awesome and the bike with baskets is cute too. I've only read back a few pages so far but dragon boating was mentioned and I've done that for about 10 years. All of you are so inspiring! Thanks!

Welcome! I like to think that we inspire each other 🙂

Paddles Up!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I'm so afraid of heights, I could never climb that high! when I was growing up, one of my older brothers used to pretend we're going to go over the cliff while he was driving the family (my parents didn't drive) to different lakes etc & many times there were no railings on the roads & some were elevated so it freaked me out.
    I haven't ridden my bike in ages. I did put a basket in the front & would put my little dog in it. She enjoyed it, besides that I would take my big dogs to run along side way before it was popular & some people would yell at me that it was cruel. Now a days many do it. I'll have to decide if I'm going to ride it any more, if not I should sell it to make more room in the shed