Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Absolutely the most incosistent and worst sw

solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member
Please fix this mess. A whole lot of us are trying to stay but it's getting increasingly not worth the trouble. There are other apps. On top of all the constant performance issues, now it randomly decides I'm not Prime and pops up ads. Amazing how it won't let me enter food but somehow can show me ads!

ACK - come on!

Replies

• kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 17,960Member Member Posts: 17,960Member Member
    Known issue: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down

MyFitnessPal App and Site Down

Wednesday, January 9th, 2019, 6:14pm PST

Hello,

Starting at 3pm on Wednesday we began seeing elevated errors across the MyFitnessPal program. To our members this may look like a variety of symptoms. These symptoms include, but are not limited to the following: login, sync, Fitbit sync, challenges, user search, database search, food/exercise/weight logging, and partial or no data loading when viewing your account.

We are actively investigating and will have things resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for the frustration.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
  • try2againtry2again Posts: 3,271Member Member Posts: 3,271Member Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Known issue: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down

Hello,

Starting at 3pm on Wednesday we began seeing elevated errors across the MyFitnessPal program. To our members this may look like a variety of symptoms. These symptoms include, but are not limited to the following: login, sync, Fitbit sync, challenges, user search, database search, food/exercise/weight logging, and partial or no data loading when viewing your account.

We are actively investigating and will have things resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for the frustration.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

That's ironic... I used the recipe builder tonight and had the best experience with it ever. Only 1 item didn't match, and it was the first item to come up on an individual search :)
  • JoyceLaningJoyceLaning Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    try2again wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Hello,

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

Thanks for the update. I get it that stuff goes down and break/fix is a thankless job. My only suggestion is that an announcement for an outage like this should be prominent on the home page.

Except apparently the home page isn't downloading for many (mine isn't). But it would be nice if they would send out an email or something when there's a large scale problem instead of people having to post a zillion threads wondering what's happening.

Mine isn't loading either so it won't be any good to put it on the homepage
  • FireRox21FireRox21 Posts: 424Member Member Posts: 424Member Member
    Nothing is working for me right now. I can't scan, log in items or see an updated food diary. This is my first log in after a year or so. Bummed!!! :neutral:
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member
    I realize I sound hyper frustrated. It’s always been ‘clingy’ but the last few months it’s been getting almost unusable. Is it an infrastructure capacity issue from too many users? Under Armor seems big enough to invest a little to give you the means to fix the damn thing. Thanks for the feedback in any case.
  • felixg1109felixg1109 Posts: 171Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 171Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    I can assure you, that there are enough users worldwide having trouble and being frustrated (me definitely...). But it's poorly no 1-click-fix and they are working on it.

Greetings from germany
  • itzcathitzcath Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    The last few months glitches have been escalating in all areas of MFP. Friends in my feed post issues on a daily basis. I also have a new problem with something different on almost a daily basis.

Enjoy it while it kinda works. If this keeps up I don't imagine it will be around much longer.
  • FireRox21FireRox21 Posts: 424Member Member Posts: 424Member Member
    My info still won't load, but the advertisments load perfectly. :/
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 213,720Member, Premium Member Posts: 213,720Member, Premium Member
    On the app and site I can't go to anyone's page, I can't get to my messages.. what's frustrating, is paying for this 😔
  • MommyL2015MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411Member Member Posts: 1,411Member Member
    For anyone having troubles, the Microsoft Edge browser on a PC seems to work. I'll tolerate use of this for a few days but after that, MFP can kiss my butt.
  • try2againtry2again Posts: 3,271Member Member Posts: 3,271Member Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    For anyone having troubles, the Microsoft Edge browser on a PC seems to work. I'll tolerate use of this for a few days but after that, MFP can kiss my butt.

On other threads, people on Chrome are having success by clearing their cache.
  • jjpptt2jjpptt2 Posts: 4,415Member Member Posts: 4,415Member Member
    Start by clearing your browser cache. Yes, MFP has some issues... but some of them are/might be on your end, too.
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,250Member, Premium Member
    When everything else works it’s hard to blame it on user configuration and cache issues. The app is just as bad. Not a cache issue.
  • jjpptt2jjpptt2 Posts: 4,415Member Member Posts: 4,415Member Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    When everything else works it’s hard to blame it on user configuration and cache issues. The app is just as bad. Not a cache issue.

Guess you told me, huh?
  • semarsh12semarsh12 Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    I can use it on Explorer (still not perfect) but it won't load at all with Chrome. My app for Android works fine.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 8,635Member Member Posts: 8,635Member Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    solieco1 wrote: »

Guess you told me, huh?

It's not personal.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 27,636Member Member Posts: 27,636Member Member
    Firefox on W10 works fine. I had a little window of time yesterday when I couldn't log food but it isn't like I don't have all the food in my head after eleven years. :blush:

There were updates yesterday on W10. When I updated everything it helped.
    edited January 10