Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Absolutely the most incosistent and worst sw

2»

Replies

• try2againtry2again Posts: 2,949Member Member Posts: 2,949Member Member
    I feel so special... all systems, all devices working fine. Well, except the "recent forum topics" and "hello healthy" column on my home page hasn't changed since before Christmas, but in the MFP universe, that's a win! :)
  • dawncirafesidawncirafesi Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Dear MFP,

I really want this relationship to work. I need you BUT if you are going to continue to ghost me with failed syncs, login errors, and offline mode errors, this might not work out. My iOS app is a hot mess.

PLEASE consider getting help. Maybe additional IT support, programmers or even additional infrastructure.

I’m here for you when you pull it together.

Sincerely,
    Me
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,019Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,019Member, Premium Member
    Dear MFP,

I really want this relationship to work. I need you BUT if you are going to continue to ghost me with failed syncs, login errors, and offline mode errors, this might not work out. My iOS app is a hot mess.

PLEASE consider getting help. Maybe additional IT support, programmers or even additional infrastructure.

I’m here for you when you pull it together.

Sincerely,
    Me

This made me laugh :) Thanks for the hard work IT Team.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 16,804Member Member Posts: 16,804Member Member
    try2again wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Known issue: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down

MyFitnessPal App and Site Down

Wednesday, January 9th, 2019, 6:14pm PST

Hello,

Starting at 3pm on Wednesday we began seeing elevated errors across the MyFitnessPal program. To our members this may look like a variety of symptoms. These symptoms include, but are not limited to the following: login, sync, Fitbit sync, challenges, user search, database search, food/exercise/weight logging, and partial or no data loading when viewing your account.

We are actively investigating and will have things resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for the frustration.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

Thanks for the update. I get it that stuff goes down and break/fix is a thankless job. My only suggestion is that an announcement for an outage like this should be prominent on the home page.

Except apparently the home page isn't downloading for many (mine isn't). But it would be nice if they would send out an email or something when there's a large scale problem instead of people having to post a zillion threads wondering what's happening.

@Alex I agree that mass-notification about the problem would be good, and another when it is fixed, especially if we have to clear our cache to get it to work after the fix was made.

BTW, the food diary was broken for me yesterday, came back this AM, and is broken again now.
    edited January 10
  • fitmom4lifemfpfitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,552Member Member Posts: 1,552Member Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Start by clearing your browser cache. Yes, MFP has some issues... but some of them are/might be on your end, too.

Yep. I was having issues with Chrome (some in IE as well but Chrome was worse) and I cleared the cache and now it does seem to be working.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 35,204Member Member Posts: 35,204Member Member
    I've been using Chrome on my PC and I haven't had any issues throughout this whole thing...weird.
  • MommyL2015MommyL2015 Posts: 1,408Member Member Posts: 1,408Member Member
    Clearing cache didn't work for me in my preferred browser, and only worked for one session in a different one. I have to clear it every time. Something's wrong because I should not have to do that every time I want to use a web service.
  • tirowow12385tirowow12385 Posts: 560Member Member Posts: 560Member Member
    What's a good app that's like MFP before it became garbage? If like to use it please.
2»