Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Increasing unreliability of MFP

zyg65zyg65 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
I thought I was losing my mind, but take a look in this forum. There are multiple other posts about people getting tired of the increasingly unreliable, glitchy, inconsistent nature of MFP.

I just entered a new custom food and saved it - It's now not there.

Yesterday I had to uninstall the app because it simply refused to sync my data, and when I tried to log out and back in, I could no longer log in. Reinstalling didn't work.

The day before that, all foods were displaying the same incorrect nutrition information.

Look, I'm a dev. I get it. Bugs happen and users manage to do things that you would never anticipate. But this is not a new app. This is not (or, at least, should not be) a complicated app. The features haven't drastically changed in years and yet there's still things going majorly wrong with them. There's no excuse for the frequency of annoying experiences while using the site/app in the intended manner.

Before some poor 'community manager' type comes and copy-pastes a canned response, save it. Just tell someone who matters that this site needs work. When you annoy your users day in and day out there is always someone out there willing to make a less annoying version and eat your lunch.

Replies

• gridirongrrlgridirongrrl Posts: 23Member Member Posts: 23Member Member
    I agree with this 100%. I’ve been using the app for 12 days now and have had technical issues all 12 of those days. And email to tech support gets me a “this issue has been resolved” response and a request to mark my issue as complete.

NONE of my issues have been resolved and nothing I have read or heard from tech support has been remotely helpful. I know how to uninstall and reinstall an app but that is not practical for me to do every since day nor has it fixed any issues I’ve had.

At the end of the day while I love the community here, EVERY SINGLE other calorie counting app I have tried over the years has performed better and they all have 10x better customer service than I’ve seen from tech support here.

I don’t want to hear “we’re working on it” or “We are aware of your issue”. I just want the app to function as it should. At this point I feel the fact that you even have the option to pay for a premium version of this inept program is laughable. Maybe fix some basic issues first.