Hangover food

sowen2015
sowen2015 Posts: 1 Member
What is the healthiest and best hangover food you have discovered ?

Replies

• 2binshap3
    2binshap3 Posts: 4 Member
    Chicken broth, with chives
  • Southernsheri
    Southernsheri Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    V8. Lots of sodium though, unless you find the low-sodium version
  • cacapipilaproute
    cacapipilaproute Posts: 6 Member
    Lemons and Water
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Fruit punch Gatorade and a greasy sandwich.
  • thriftyjenn
    thriftyjenn Posts: 6 Member
    McDoubles & Indian food 😀
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I like milk and cheese for a hangover. I don't drink to that point anymore, but that's what I crave and what sits best.
  • NurseTaco_RN
    NurseTaco_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Low sodium spicy V8, over-medium eggs, and a piece of toasted Dave's Killer bread with Amish butter is my go to.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Oats, I haven’t drank for years but porridge made with water or oat biscuits always used to help me. Good luck
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    lays potato chips and lots of water.

Edit: Must be plains lays for some reason....

A tip: Drink plenty of water while drinking and prevent hangovers all together. For every drink you have, you should have 1 glass of water. Since making sure to hydrate while I drink, I haven't had a hangover since.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    White bread cheese sandwich with smear of mayo.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    back in the days when I used to drink enough to actually get a hangover i'd drink Coke and eat greasy *kitten*.

I suppose Hydralite would help tho. Or Gatorade. Or any other electrolyte-replenishing drink.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I don't think I've ever considered any of my Hangover food healthy, but what works best for making me feel better is salty foods to replenish my electrolytes and water to hydrate. I normally go for pizza or original pringles.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    I have no healthy hangover food - I just try and stay away from hangovers these days. BUT if I would happen to have one - I'd get a pizza with extra cheese, banana pepper rings, black olives and a low cal Gatorade to wash it down.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Emergen-C and coffee

food with a hangover is so ick
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    "Fried rice" with cauliflower rice. When I'm hungover I need to eat and I can get a lot of volume and not do too much damage that way. Soy sauce is salty, add some birds eye chilli for spicy, bit of sesame oil for some fat and deliciousness. Usually do it with shredded brussel sprouts, leftover chicken and an egg.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    What good ideas!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2019
    Low sodium V8 with bacon, eggs, and hash browns and some milk thistle.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    This sounds weird but if you're only 'I feel yucky' hungover (as opposed to 'I have a blinding headache and am constantly on the verge of puking' hungover), then light cardio actually works pretty well to chase it away.

If you have the latter type of hangover, then just stay in bed.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    B12 and a nap.
  • Boiled eggs and a bloody mary. I now drink vodka with lemon water as my go-to and I never get a hangover anymore tho. Also before you go to sleep after a night of drinking take a few swigs of pickle juice 😊 works like a charm!