Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

PLU Code; The 4 digit code on Fruit and Vegetables

PlatistayPlatistay Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
I would like to be able to type in a PLU code from the fresh fruit or vegetable sticker on the produce and have that refer to the food I am searching for. Like the 4286 code on the sticker placed on Grapefruit, Red, Small, Paramount Citrus. I could type the title in and do a search but it would be easier to just put in the 4286 code. Is that possible?

Replies

• kimny72kimny72 Posts: 10,156Member Member Posts: 10,156Member Member
    The MFP database is mostly user entered, except for a one time upload from the USDA database.

You could create your own entries for produce as you buy it, putting the PLU number in the front of the title, and then you would be able to search for it that way in the future.
  • PlatistayPlatistay Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    A suggestion to make MyFitnessPal better and easier for everyone, would be if the option of just putting in the 4 or 5 PLU numbers was available to everyone. If I make a list of my own entries for produce, would my list be integrated into your system for everyone to use and expand on?
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 19,769Member Member Posts: 19,769Member Member
    Platistay wrote: »
    A suggestion to make MyFitnessPal better and easier for everyone, would be if the option of just putting in the 4 or 5 PLU numbers was available to everyone. If I make a list of my own entries for produce, would my list be integrated into your system for everyone to use and expand on?

When you create a database entry, you have the option to choose to share it to the public.

Also, this isn't @kimny72's system, she's someone using MFP just as you are. The vast majority of the people here are just your fellow users.
  • kimny72kimny72 Posts: 10,156Member Member Posts: 10,156Member Member
    Platistay wrote: »

When you create a database entry, you have the option to choose to share it to the public.

Also, this isn't @kimny72's system, she's someone using MFP just as you are. The vast majority of the people here are just your fellow users.

Thanks, yes, my plan for world domination hasn't quite panned out yet!

@Platistay I was just making a suggestion of what you can do right now, since even if MFP did decide to add that, it will take quite a bit of time for a change to be made.
  • PlatistayPlatistay Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I created a food by going to Home/Recipes Meal Food/ Create Food/ 4286 Grapefruit Red Small/ entered Nutrition information. Then to add food - Diary /+ add Food / My Foods / 4286 (search magnify glass icon).
    The item was not found by a search unless I put 4286 Grapefruit. How can I only put the 4286 number and find it?