Running on empty at the gym

2»

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    annalisa0 wrote: »
    I think fewer carbs for me is the only thing that will help with weight loss.

And why do you think this? The "only thing that will help with weight loss" is a calorie deficit. That deficit can be created by cutting calories from any or all macros.

I usually work out shortly after waking (I don't say "in the morning" because half of the time I'm on night shift). My go-to is a piece of fruit (usually a banana, but sometimes it's an apple or a handful of berries) for carbs while I'm getting ready to walk out the door and then I have a protein shake (whey mixed in water) during my workout. I've also mixed KoolAid or Tang with my whey for intra-workout carbs; when calories are properly balanced, there is no detriment to consuming carbohydrates.

• rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    If it helps, eat your carbs before the workout. As folks mentioned, everyone's different - I find a banana works well for me, because it's easy on my stomach if I know I'm about to go into some high intensity workouts. I hate working out on an empty stomach as well.

Whatever works for you to help you feel like you have enough energy for the workout.