Thinking of Switching to Vegan from LFHC

Options
tsazani
tsazani Posts: 830 Member
I've been a DM2 for 14 years. Using LCHF + Exericise + Metformin I have achieved my ideal weight and my blood sugars are under excellent control.

I eat a lot of dairy every day. Heavy cream, butter, yogut, cheese, and sour cream. My protein is mainly from animals. I do eat 2 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables every day.

I was very happy until yesterday. I watched a documentary called "Uprooting the Causes of Death".

Now I want to go full VEGAN.

What do members think about this?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You watched one propoganda movie and now you want to completely change your diet? I want to hire that film team to teach the world kindness and empathy!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I recommend watching Nina Teicholz (or her book, Big Fat Surprise) or Sarah Halberg to balance out the documentary. Animal is healthy. "plant based" is more recent (and trendy nowadays). There is very little, if anything, out there to show that eating plant proteins and fats are healthy than animal proteins and fats.

Now if you want to avoid eating animals and their products because that bothers you, that's a different issue. ;)
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, tsazani, I'm on keto diet and eat some tofu.I eat a little cream,yogurt and cheese and no butter.I want to include beans too. I want to eat more vegan and vegetarian too.