Not So New Newbie

My name is Mary, and I'm a 71 year old returnee. I used this site a few years back and then joined WW. I'm a 71 year old retired substance abuse counselor. I got to qigong and dance twice a week. I was doing well with everything until I pulled a hamstring in October doing something I should have been doing. Trying to get back now. I did well at WW and hit my goal weight and maintained for a year, but gained .6 and for that I am being penalized. So I came back here hoping to meet some new friends as well as re-connect with some older friends if they are still here.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,700 MFP Moderator
    Welcome back to MFP. :) There's a very nice, supportive group of 50+ ladies that have a monthly motivation and support thread. You might like to join them:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10715069/women-ages-50-for-january-2019#latest
  • mxtodsi1
    mxtodsi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you. I've forgotten how to make friends here. It does seem to be changed a bit. I will definitely check out the group.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    mxtodsi1 wrote: »
    My name is Mary, and I'm a 71 year old returnee. I used this site a few years back and then joined WW. I'm a 71 year old retired substance abuse counselor. I got to qigong and dance twice a week. I was doing well with everything until I pulled a hamstring in October doing something I should have been doing. Trying to get back now. I did well at WW and hit my goal weight and maintained for a year, but gained .6 and for that I am being penalized. So I came back here hoping to meet some new friends as well as re-connect with some older friends if they are still here.

Hi Mary, snap on the age 71 here too. Been logging for over five years, was doing great until I had two major surgeries in 2018 then I had a large gain, trying to get rid of that gain
    Plus some. Good luck Mary
  • mxtodsi1
    mxtodsi1 Posts: 3 Member
    I was here several years back, then when I retired, I looked for things to do to occupy my time and began attending WW meetings. I lost 53 pounds there, but there have been so many changes to the new plan, and I am not adapting well. I remember how much I enjoyed it here so I am back.