My body isn’t Amazon Prime-it won’t show up in two days. But when will it?

2»

Replies

• looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Tracking though mfp, food scale
  • looney9708
    Recomp? And if I’m under eating I shouldn’t gain fat, deficit=loss. With that being said, what would recommendation be?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I looked at a couple of days in your diary and you have a lot of "scoops" "pieces" and "1 piece" measurements for things that should be weighed. Try tightening up your logging. Weigh everything solid, measure everything liquid.

With so little to lose, you have to be patient. Not easy when you want it gone yesterday, I know!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    looney9708 wrote: »
    Recomp? And if I’m under eating I shouldn’t gain fat, deficit=loss. With that being said, what would recommendation be?

Your weight will fluctuate no matter how big your deficit. TOM, stress, new/strenuous exercise, a day of higher sodium, a day or two of things not moving out as they should, different volumes of food per day, these will all affect your weight to some degree. You may very well be losing even a small bit but it may be hidden behind fluctuations. The lower your weight and the less you have left to lose the slower that loss is going to be.

This is the recomp thread, you should find more info here that should help: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • looney9708
    I think my question is: I know it should be slow and will be slow. But what does that mean? I actually feel good and not as bloated and uncomfortable. But if I follow good nutrition and calories and continue to exercise 4-5 days per week when will you know you are on the right track vs time to change something? Two months? 1 year? Hopefully something in between 😬🤣
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    looney9708 wrote: »
    I think my question is: I know it should be slow and will be slow. But what does that mean? I actually feel good and not as bloated and uncomfortable. But if I follow good nutrition and calories and continue to exercise 4-5 days per week when will you know you are on the right track vs time to change something? Two months? 1 year? Hopefully something in between 😬🤣

3-6 months I would have thought
  • amwiggler
    amwiggler Posts: 428 Member
    My stats, activity and eating are very similar to yours (including thyroid) and I am losing, on average, about a pound a month. Not sexy, not exciting, but there is a payoff over time. If you let that pace get you down, it is easy to gain several months of work back in short order - it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Find a way to see the progress. For me it’s picking frequency of weigh-ins and plotting them over time. That will show you your slow but steady progress in the right direction.