How do you suppress your cravings?

13»

Replies

• lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    SFJULES66 wrote: »
    I'm learning to plan for it, eat it, and count it.
    I was watching a cooking show and it made me want Starbuck's banana bread SO BAD. So the next morning I got it for breakfast. It was a lot of calories but I enjoyed it and planned accordingly for the rest of my day.
    Also, I drink a lot of hot tea to get me through tough times when I want to stuff my face. It fills me up and there's something about holding the hot cup that makes me feel better.

I’ve been binging The Great British Baking Show and crave alllllll the sweets.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    One other thing to avoid is getting too bored. Different people have different thresholds on this and some people don't seem to care if they eat the same thing every single day. I haven't seen many of the monotony clan come through here but there have been some.

I will do this to myself on occasion and suddenly I just crave "something different". It is non-specific but if left unchecked it can still cause me problems.

This is me. I've found that I'm least tempted by things when I'm trying different recipes and most tempted when I get into eating ruts.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    I work the junk food or fast food into my plan because usually eat out every couple weeks. It not my cheat day it all gets worked in to my eating plan and stay strict the rest of the day.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    One other thing to avoid is getting too bored. Different people have different thresholds on this and some people don't seem to care if they eat the same thing every single day. I haven't seen many of the monotony clan come through here but there have been some.

I will do this to myself on occasion and suddenly I just crave "something different". It is non-specific but if left unchecked it can still cause me problems.

I am kind of odd in this respect. I will eat the same thing for 4 -6 days. I cook larger portions and freeze a serving or two, then eat until it is gone. BUT, I will not make that dish again for maybe 6 months. I am always looking for something new to make and it is rare for something to go into my repeat file. I don't get bored because I am always looking forward to trying something new as soon as I eat up what I just made.
  • abbasrizvi918
    abbasrizvi918 Posts: 7 Member
    By drinking black coffee and green tea without any sort of sugar. that kills my stomach too but worth it.
  • sadielouaird
    sadielouaird Posts: 6 Member
    I allow myself a treat at the end of each week, knowing I’ve been good the rest of the week and stuck to my goals makes me feel a little less guilty, and I always make sure it sticks within my calorie goal so I don’t jeopardise myself
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    I've been having a cup of decaf coffee
  • Carvendive
    Carvendive Posts: 23 Member
    I eliminated sugar from my diet and got my sodium down to 2300mg avg. Since doing that I don't really get any cravings anymore. (It also seems to have almost eliminated my arthritis pain.)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    By drinking black coffee and green tea without any sort of sugar. that kills my stomach too but worth it.

how does it kill your stomach?
  • Fitsusan21
    Fitsusan21 Posts: 9 Member
    Willpower and it that fails a dose of EC stack usually works since EC stack kills are cravings lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Fitsusan21 wrote: »
    Willpower and it that fails a dose of EC stack usually works since EC stack kills are cravings lol

first of all any product containing ephedrine and ephedra are dangerous to your health which is why most products removed it and many were taken off the shelves.ephedrine/ephedra is banned in the us and with good reason. any meds with ephedrine in them are sold like a drug. so some you need a script for and others you are only allowed to buy so much of the medication with it in them. There are a LOT safer ways to help with cravings other than potentially dangerous stimulants(aside from caffeine being a stimulant and for some that may be harmful to their health).
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Learned from my mistakes, I tried to just eat healthy and then I would eat everything in sight later so now I have some junk food at times, not too much and this works for me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

😐
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    I try to find healthy options and have them available for when the cravings hit, for example dark chocolate with at least 60% cacao instead of milk chocolate. I am on a Keto diet, so I can still hitup fast food places with modifications. However, I do try to avoid some of my old favorite restaurants because my favorite dishes will get me everytime.
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    I’ve discovered grapes! If I eat a lot of them quickly I feel full and it satisfies my sugar craving. Hope that helps.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    I use coffee as an appetite suppressant.
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    Suppressing has never worked very well for me, unfortunately a small portion doesn't always fix it for me. Although fruit can fix a sugar craving well, do watch those sugar levels. Sometimes even indulging it doesn't fix it anyway.

This time around I'm going a more mindfulness type route, acknowledging the craving, then trying to let it pass. Like I do with anxious thoughts. Considering the progress over eating will cost me, remembering a short term goal. A few days in but I'm finding it helps more than trying to ignore it. And if you have a portion of something, try to savour it and truly enjoy it.