cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    I can't pump gas for my car. I need to learn
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I can't drive a manual car :#
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

I can....but I'll give you whip lash, likely stall it and grind the gears during the ride! I get it in theory, and was first taught on manual...but it wasn't pretty...lol I remember not knowing how to brake! there was too much to consider!!

Plus I sometimes blank on my right and left and which pedal is the gas and brake (in an automatic)...sooo ya...skills I lack!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    I'd offer to teach you, but y'all do things backwards down under!
  • Still_too_fat1970
    Still_too_fat1970 Posts: 288 Member
    I can't skate..and I'm a *kitten* Canadian
  • Vikka_V
    I can't pump gas for my car. I need to learn

I was intimidated before too...I was afraid I'd do something wrong and like, blow myself up! Used to always get someone else to do it for me.

It's pretty easy, except I still get confused on why or how many times I have to push the selection on the pump...I guess it depends on the attendant?

And also when tightening the cap...how many clicks? Does it matter? Stresses me a bit!

Still haven't ever filled up my swisher fluid...always gets topped up at services, and I'm sparing with it.

Have a friend who recently enlightened me as to the fact that I have a spare tire in my car!! Who knew! it's totally hidden.
  • slimgirljo15
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I can....but I'll give you whip lash, likely stall it and grind the gears during the ride! I get it in theory, and was first taught on manual...but it wasn't pretty...lol I remember not knowing how to brake! there was too much to consider!!

Plus I sometimes blank on my right and left and which pedal is the gas and brake (in an automatic)...sooo ya...skills I lack!

Exactly.. manuals are too involved, auto is easier.. I could probably kangaroo hop down the street in one lol
  • slimgirljo15
    Tankiscool wrote: »

No, not backwards.. we drive on the proper side 😜
  • slimgirljo15

Whut.

Yup true.. most of my cars have been semi automatic, but always driven them as auto
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »

No, not backwards.. we drive on the proper side 😜

Nope! 😜 and it's summer time in January?!?! See how that is backwards!
  • LaSwimThyckiss
    LaSwimThyckiss Posts: 4 Member
    I cant do that cool flip at the wall when i swim laps 🏊 without a near death experience.
  • Vikka_V
    Maths.

for real lady!
    ...held me back big time because of my insecurity with maths....I realize now I'm at least average, but I don't excel. I've always been very insecure and doubtful of my competencies with math...maybe now I realize it's a personality trait and not a competency...school just made me feel that way
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    How to keep my mouth shut
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Can't swim
    Can't drive a manual
    Can't handstand
  • slimgirljo15

I tried once in Italy and ended up rolling backwards down a steep road named frittata. I know this isn’t funny to most people here, but it’s ironically funny in Italian because the name of the road is also an expression for a messy unexpected situation.

My sister was learning in a manual car and wanted me to come with her for company..
    She pulled up on the side of the road on a steep hill.. she couldn't get up the hill and I didnt know what she was doing wrong so we had to park it and walk home 😁
  • Vikka_V
    A trait but I can't roll my tongue.
    Also can't "roll" an R in speech