200’s Club: Anyone weigh anywhere in the 200’s? Let’s support one another here!

Replies

• GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    cory17 wrote: »
    The best day all week. Giving up sugar for Lent, I want to see a LOSS this month.

Wishing you the best of losses!! You can do it! :)
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Omg I can’t believe I’m out of the 250’s!!!! Finally!!!! I love this group but can’t wait to finally say goodbye to the 200’s. But even when I do, I’ll still show support... we got this!
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 75 Member
    Congrats Pecabonitas!! I can’t wait to get out of the 230’s. Been here too long.
  • SW 260 + +
    CW 253
    GW 193 ish

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend. It's helpful to have encouragement and to encourage others.
  • pecabonitas
    Congrats Pecabonitas!! I can’t wait to get out of the 230’s. Been here too long.

Thank you!!!! What’s funny is I’d love to be in the 230s right now... lol
  • pecabonitas
    SW 260 + +
    CW 253
    GW 193 ish

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend. It's helpful to have encouragement and to encourage others.

Yes indeed! Congratulations on your weight loss! Nice job!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Two months left to the new year. Let's leave this year better than we started it.
  • pecabonitas
    cory17 wrote: »
    Two months left to the new year. Let's leave this year better than we started it.

Yes indeed!!!
  • pecabonitas
    I can’t wait to get to the 230s!!!! Who’s coming with me?
  • tlsr04
    tlsr04 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2019
    SW 265
    SD 8/1/2019
    CW 242
    First goal 230

I started walking during my son’s soccer practices 3x a week in August. At first I could only do about 10 minutes. I was hard and I don’t always make it, but I didn’t quit. Now I walk about 30 minutes 3x a week and I’m adding strength workouts 3 x a week. It was overwhelming at first and seemed impossible. But i feel my first goal in sight. I use MFP to track food and workout with the Aaptiv app. It really helps to have that coach in my ear. Holidays are coming and I know there will be days I make the wrong choices on food and movement but I’m trying to stayed focused and realize a mistake doesn’t end the journey.

I don’t want this to be all consuming. I would like it to just become a natural part of my life.
  • pecabonitas
    That’s amazing!!!! So proud of you! The journey of 1,000 steps begins with the first step!
  • gwensgrannie
    gwensgrannie Posts: 15 Member
    Hello

Highest weight 268 current 250
    Goal weight 199

I am also in a weight loss support group and in that group I have lost every week for the past 6 weeks. Total loss, though, is 2.6 pounds. But even a loss of .2 is a loss! Before that I have been up and down and kept within a 7 pound range. I am still in that range. Why oh why is it so hard to lose? In 2013 I got down to 235 eating 2000 calories a day and no I am not an active person. I was a bookkeeper who uses a cane off and off for the past 20 years. Now I find I can lose if I stay in the 1600-1800 calorie range. It took some work to get to where I could do that. Bread, usually white bread, is often the enemy. I have been pretty successful eliminate almost all sugary foods, but Salt! I need to learn to use herbs. I am stronger now that I was a year ago when I was using the treadmill set at between 1.8 to 2.3 mph. Now I range 2.0-2.6 so that's a plus. You don't burn fat quickly going that slow but progress is progress.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Started on 170 kg - 374 pounds 591 days ago. So far down 44 kg, 97 pounds a looking forward to the round 100.
  • gwensgrannie
    gwensgrannie Posts: 15 Member
    That's pretty fantastic!!
  • pecabonitas
    Wow! Welcome! I love how you never quit even though the process has not been easy. My heaviest 280 and my current 246. My goal is 155. I know I’ll get there.... I know we’ll get there!!!! I set April 2020 as a target....
    Hello

Highest weight 268 current 250
    Goal weight 199

I am also in a weight loss support group and in that group I have lost every week for the past 6 weeks. Total loss, though, is 2.6 pounds. But even a loss of .2 is a loss! Before that I have been up and down and kept within a 7 pound range. I am still in that range. Why oh why is it so hard to lose? In 2013 I got down to 235 eating 2000 calories a day and no I am not an active person. I was a bookkeeper who uses a cane off and off for the past 20 years. Now I find I can lose if I stay in the 1600-1800 calorie range. It took some work to get to where I could do that. Bread, usually white bread, is often the enemy. I have been pretty successful eliminate almost all sugary foods, but Salt! I need to learn to use herbs. I am stronger now that I was a year ago when I was using the treadmill set at between 1.8 to 2.3 mph. Now I range 2.0-2.6 so that's a plus. You don't burn fat quickly going that slow but progress is progress.

• pecabonitas
    Woot woot!!!! Way to go! That’s pretty amazing and inspiring!!!
    Started on 170 kg - 374 pounds 591 days ago. So far down 44 kg, 97 pounds a looking forward to the round 100.

• mamakatiekat
    mamakatiekat Posts: 73 Member
    My starting weight was 287, I'm currently 205. My goal weight is 160. If anyone wants to add me, I'd love to make some new friends to chat with and support.
  • pecabonitas
    Hi and welcome! We have similar goals!!!! Oh I can’t wait to be where you are! SW 280 CW 246 GW 155.....
    My starting weight was 287, I'm currently 205. My goal weight is 160. If anyone wants to add me, I'd love to make some new friends to chat with and support.

• aloe01
    aloe01 Posts: 1 Member
    CW: 218
    GW: 155

@lmcgetrick are we the same person? Because I swear we are. I have never been over 200lbs (not even while pregnant with my kids) until the last year or so. I'd like to say that I don't know what happened, but divorce, depression, general malaise and such happened. Being so overwhelmed with life makes it hard to be consistent with lifestyle changes. This is where I struggle. I'm the epitome of inconsistency. I'll lose weight, have a binge weekend, and put it all back on. I have trouble with self-motivation and have yet to find a method that will stick with me.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    @aloe01 I'm there too. Will go down 5 lbs and it'll come back the very same week, over and over. And the "self motivation" is in the wind.