Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13 %
Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
Sugars 18 g
Protein 47 g 94 %
Vitamin A 458 %
Vitamin C 5 %
Calcium 106 %
]Iron 43 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
1 tsp, Baking Powder
2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
1 Tablespoons, Salt
30 g, protein powder ANY (I used myprotein Vanilla)
3 large, Egg
1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:
#1. Crack eggs and separate white from yolk.
#2. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (photo 1)
#3. Mix the yolks and protein powder until well combined.
#4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until its all combined. Taste for sweetness. To my taste I did not need to add any sweetened because the protein powder was sweet enough. (photo 2)
#5. In 3 parts fold in the beaten egg whites into the mix. Just until combined. Dont over mix. I used a spatula for this (photo 3)
#6. Line a baking pan or spring pan (I used the same one I am using for my cheesecake (6x3) and it was almost to the top before baking, and fill with the mix. Top with some shaved chocolate and berries if you like, like I did.
#7. Bake at 375F for 45 - 50 minutes. In my Breville Smart Pro it was 45 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to be sure.
#8. Allow to cool and enjoy a slice or the whole thing.

Photo 1.
x2d1ssyuh8ok.jpg

Photo 2.
j4xbwvab3j1k.jpg

Photo 3.
bucplc5y3xbe.jpg

Photo 4. Before baking.
8slx3ob6ex72.jpg

Photo 5. After baking.
tvdai82g2o86.jpg
edited January 28

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,080Member Member Posts: 7,080Member Member
    Made this again last night. Will be perfect for the weekend.
  • naomi8888naomi8888 Posts: 468Member Member Posts: 468Member Member
    That looks amazing
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 4,225Member Member Posts: 4,225Member Member
    Thanks for sharing this one. I do like your cheesecake one, but am finding dairy in general not 'liking' me very much. This one sounds very interesting!! I'll have to get some apple sauce...
    l7j92sgzk8hh.jpg
    zelka88pkdiw.jpg
    vq1rqdofn7hf.jpg

Reduced to 1.25 cup pumpkin and used 1 whole egg and two egg whites instead (just what I had on hand today).

Also, did you actually mean '1 tbsp. of salt'? I only used .5 tsp. but think 1 tsp would have been better, as the protein powder I used (Promasil Vanilla) is really sweet - needed some balancing out I think...

It tastes good - not really 'cake' like - more like a set pudding-type of thing...might play around with almond flour, coconut flour, spices (cinnamon, etc.,) etc., in next one...but of course up goes the calories. My version was only 400 calories.

Maybe I might use a good amount of dark cocoa powder to help 'thicken' it out for less calories than almond flour, etc.,

thanks again:)
    edited July 14
  • jessicadudgeon2193jessicadudgeon2193 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Why is the recipe 465 calories? Where are the cals coming from?
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,912Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,912Member, Premium Member
    That's a huge chunk of calories for me. I'd have to swap out a meal for one slice. It looks really yummy, though. I'll just gaze at it longingly. 😦
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,796Member Member Posts: 4,796Member Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    That's a huge chunk of calories for me. I'd have to swap out a meal for one slice. It looks really yummy, though. I'll just gaze at it longingly. 😦

I believe the 465 calories are for the entire cake, so a quarter or half might be doable for a snack or dessert?

Mine was around 400 calories...
    Promasil protein powder - 110 calories/ Two Egg Whites - 30 calories/ One whole egg - 72 calories/ one TBSP. vanilla - 37/ Pumpkin Puree - 125 calories / Baking Powder - 2/ Apple sauce - 13 calories

but I adjusted mine to yield less calories -
    edited July 25
  • AnabirgiteAnabirgite Posts: 180Member Member Posts: 180Member Member
    Fyi- since you are using pumpkin and or applesauce you can use baking soda instead of baking powder and that could create a greater rise.
    Anabirgite wrote: »
    Fyi- since you are using pumpkin and or applesauce you can use baking soda instead of baking powder and that could create a greater rise.

Thank you! I had no idea about this! But so many pumpkin cake recipes I've ever seen include both - but you're thinking I don't need B.Powder too?
    edited July 25
  • CheekyChiq88CheekyChiq88 Posts: 107Member Member Posts: 107Member Member
    thank you I can die now...this looks unreal and i'm so impressed with the amount of protein!
  • neldabgneldabg Posts: 1,432Member Member Posts: 1,432Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    7b69i11m4f7x.jpg

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 465
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 15 g 23 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 583 mg 194 %
    Sodium 1130 mg 47 %
    Potassium 862 mg 25 %
    Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 47 g 94 %
    Vitamin A 458 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 106 %
    ]Iron 43 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
    1 tsp, Baking Powder
    2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
    1 Tablespoons, Salt
    3 large, Egg
    1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:
    #4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until its all combined. Taste for sweetness. To my taste I did not need to add any sweetened because the protein powder was sweet enough. (photo 2)
    #5. In 3 parts fold in the beaten egg whites into the mix. Just until combined. Dont over mix. I used a spatula for this (photo 3)
    #6. Line a baking pan or spring pan (I used the same one I am using for my cheesecake (6x3) and it was almost to the top before baking, and fill with the mix. Top with some shaved chocolate and berries if you like, like I did.
    #7. Bake at 375F for 45 - 50 minutes. In my Breville Smart Pro it was 45 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to be sure.

For once, upon reading a protein dessert recipe, I actually have every single ingredient right now! Thanks for sharing! :D
    edited July 25
  • AnabirgiteAnabirgite Posts: 180Member Member Posts: 180Member Member
    Baking powder is baking soda with an acid. I am not an expert on this but my sister is, there are certain situations you do use both... when you have a fruit such as apple you would use baking soda and this will allow more (for lack of the right backing term) carbonation or air bubbles and bring a rise.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Anabirgite wrote: »

Thank you! I had no idea about this! But so many pumpkin cake recipes I've ever seen include both - but you're thinking I don't need B.Powder too?

Its whole the whole cake, hence the serving says one (1).
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Reduced to 1.25 cup pumpkin and used 1 whole egg and two egg whites instead (just what I had on hand today).

Also, did you actually mean '1 tbsp. of salt'? I only used .5 tsp. but think 1 tsp would have been better, as the protein powder I used (Promasil Vanilla) is really sweet - needed some balancing out I think...

It tastes good - not really 'cake' like - more like a set pudding-type of thing...might play around with almond flour, coconut flour, spices (cinnamon, etc.,) etc., in next one...but of course up goes the calories. My version was only 400 calories.

Maybe I might use a good amount of dark cocoa powder to help 'thicken' it out for less calories than almond flour, etc.,

thanks again:)

Glad you tried it. If you add flour it will be more cake like. You are right, this is more of a soft cake like texture wise. I think I meant to say a one tsp NOT tbsp.
    edited July 29
    neldabg wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    7b69i11m4f7x.jpg

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 465
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 15 g 23 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 583 mg 194 %
    Sodium 1130 mg 47 %
    Potassium 862 mg 25 %
    Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 47 g 94 %
    Vitamin A 458 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 106 %
    ]Iron 43 %

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
    1 tsp, Baking Powder
    2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
    1 Tablespoons, Salt
    3 large, Egg
    1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:

For once, upon reading a protein dessert recipe, I actually have every single ingredient right now! Thanks for sharing! :D

So now make it, share it. Let me know what you think.
    Also works in an 8*8 baking dish.

4csm6hezyh9o.jpg