A little less smiley,
    A little less sure,
    But a whole lot more like me.”

― Shel Silverstein, Every Thing on It

<3<3<3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »

Barbie, I need some help please. When I click on the link for March's thread it get a message saying that the address is incorrect.

Janetr okc
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,563 Member
    HI!

Life has a way of throwing me curve balls. Not sure when I posted last, but I am only on page 35 with reading. Please accept my apologies as I don't respond to what has been going on. I will catch up! Y'all are so chatty, which I love!

Aubrey underwent a 9 hour heart cath surgery last week. They were able to balloon and decided to stent the left pulmonary artery. The right was too stenosed for them to work with. She is going in for her third open heart surgery tomorrow. I am grateful for all the support and assistance that the family is receiving. They tell me she is such a happy little one.

My Aunt continues to heal. She should be moving into a rehab center soon. My brother saw her this past Sunday and said she is in good spirits. After the rehab center, she will most likely go live with my brother and his wife until she is released from care. She isn't allowed to live alone until then. At least my brother's house will be more comfortable than a hospital setting. The food will be better too!

My father's last brother died yesterday morning. He was the last of their generation on that side of the family. That makes me part of the oldest generation now. Wow! I always receive a Christmas card from Uncle and Aunt every year, but not close, thanks to my parent's drinking. Still sad to think that. Timing is an interesting thing. I just hooked up with my cousin about a month ago on Facebook. She is a year older than me to the day and hour! It is from her that I learned of my Uncle's passing. When my father died, we found out from an obituary that was posted a month afterwards! My brother's FIL saw it and shared. Neither of my father's brothers told us, because our step mom didn't want us to know. SMH. They are all gone now.

We have spent the past week helping friends with their move to a new home. The husband had an obsession with die casts! I am talking well over $50,000 worth! He didn't realize how many he had collected. I will tell you that my husband bought 12 large garbage bags full, then proceeded to bring home at least that many more! His garage is currently full of totes and boxes of Hot Wheels and other assorted smaller die cast cars! He has given some away. Our friend, D, was so grateful for our help as he didn't even know where to start. We have been over there every night after work since last Tuesday. D started crying last week as we were leaving as he just felt such blessings and gratitude for the guys help. Donovan was over there with us. We did move one of his cars, 1969 Mach 1, to the new house for him. The real kind. I was so nervous driving the roll back truck with that car on it! It doesn't run currently so needed towed. I was just the driver. I spent the evenings having lovely conversations with J, the wife. She is so funny and we are so similar as are our husbands! I am looking forward to more evenings with them. Took a break for a few evenings as the stuff left in their garage was finally manageable for him. He had no idea where to start.

Needless to say, what started off as a great month with goals went downhill. The upside is after fighting with the same darn 2 pounds all month, I logged in at exactly the same weight I started with on February 1st!

I did have to plow snow last week to help my SIL and her husband. He is in South Dakota for his company along with 3 of the guys that normally plow for their snow jobs. She called me at 330 in the morning to help. I did. I survived. Once in the lot, I do fine. It is getting there that is the problem. Getting home that night the fog was so bad that I was going like 10 mph in places. That is because the 6" of snow we got in the morning was all melting! Such strange weather. I currently have a truck with a plow sitting in my driveway just in case I am needed tonight, but I think it is just going to be a salt event. We got home from work just as the snow started coming down. Driveway still black even though grass is white. I am thankful that her husband is on his way back, since they are forecasting up to 8" of snow on Sunday. I don't want to plow, but will if she needs me.

I need to look at my schedule for March and try to get home to MD for a visit before Spring hits! I miss my family.

Welcome to the new ladies! Stop in often and chat when can!

Congratulations to the "losers" and the winners!

Hugs to all of you strong and wonderful ladies!

<3
    Kylia in crazy Ohio

• kymarai
    It won't let me connect with link either....I know either Barbie or Lisa will figure it out though!
  • kymarai
    edited March 2019
    THANK YOU!!!! That worked!

Only on page 45 for February, but marking March!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Good morning. Looks like a nice day,then weather going to the pits for coming wk.

Yesterday,told DH we are eating out of our stuffed fridge & double stuffed freezer for as long as it lasts.My own fault,always buying too much food,as if we are starving!
    Going to stay away from super markets ,only getting the fresh food from a small store,milk,salad fixings & bread.I WILL conquer this foolish habit!

AUNTIEBK,do hope your road can be fixed soon. Amazing how our lives are so dependent on transportation.
    Sweeper isn’t noisy & will have to look up the name. You need to move cords from lamps etc,block steps,but it does a good job on carpet,room size rug,tile & laminate floors.

MACHKA,
    Anyone using the ocean for a toilet should be fined,big time. How ignorant.

SHARON,DH prefers salads using fine shreds instead of hunks of veggies.

Still looking at Spiralizers.Wish the stores had a selection to be seen.Have way too many un used kitchen gadgets.Thinking,
    thinking.BTW,had the salad shooter yrs ago.Not sure where it went.

Oldest Great Grson is 5 tomor. He’ll start regular kindergarten this yr.They grow up so fast!

BETH,my biggest fear all my life was/is dental work.I only trust my fav dentist for many yrs,but he retired,boo hoo.
    Was in Oregon ,needed oral surgeon.Thought my troubles were over.Short story,I no longer trust them either.Good luck getting help you need.

HI,DANA ,I remember your DD having a hard time after the storm.So hard worrying about our kids,of any age.Nice to hear from you.

Time to get this day started.......you all have a good day. Pat or Trish
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pat Click on the link in Barbie's last post to join us in the March thread. <3
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    hi ladies - life has been so busy!

We adopted the two cats (siblings) from the shelter. they had been there SEVEN years. They've never seen out a window so when they see the birds outside they get scared. They are adjusting ok to life in a home, but it's slow. They both let me pet them, but usually only at night. they sleep in hidden spots during the day and then "come out" at night. They are currently living in the master bedroom and separated from our other two cats. It's been a hoot! I'll post a picture once I figure out how to do that!

I had selective laser trabeculoplasty for ocular hypertension (because drops aren't working well). it went ok. it was a little uncomfortable, and I had some problems the first day (yesterday) but today I'm feeling totally normal. I hope it works to lower my eye pressure! I will be making several trips to get pressure checked over the next month or so.

I'm having a lot of problems with my hip.. this isn't new, but it's interfering with my new goal around movement - about half the time during exercise the hip will flare up and give me problems for a couple days. I'm doing seated exercise in order to not have these problems (hip/knee pain), but it's still giving me trouble. I guess maybe I will need to actually see a doctor and see what it is. in the past they've just said "SIJ issues", but now I think it's something else.. maybe arthritis? If anyone has any feedback for how to reduce pain during/after workouts, let me know!

My partner and I have also had the flu. The people he works with come to work sick all the time, so it seems he's always bringing something home. thankfully we've had our flu shots, so it doesn't get as bad as we've had it in the past!

I hope everyone is well. I need to catch up with all the messages. Have a great evening!

Shannon in rural Ontario, Canada

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,818 Member
    Shannon- Scroll up a bit and find Barbiecat's link to the March thread! Come and join us there!
  • ObesityGotsToGo
    ObesityGotsToGo Posts: 6 Member
    Hello I am 51 and I'm just returning back on here since 2014, been through a lot during the years I wasn't on. I have type 2 diabetes, hidradenitis, I just recently got discharged from the hospital on February 21st from 2 1/2 months due to bacteria in my bloodstream now I'm on the right track, I lost 55lbs and I'm trying to incorporate healthy eating habits and attending cooking classes once a week, plus physical therapy twice a week, I would like to be a part of this group.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Hello I am 51 and I'm just returning back on here since 2014, been through a lot during the years I wasn't on. I have type 2 diabetes, hidradenitis, I just recently got discharged from the hospital on February 21st from 2 1/2 months due to bacteria in my bloodstream now I'm on the right track, I lost 55lbs and I'm trying to incorporate healthy eating habits and attending cooking classes once a week, plus physical therapy twice a week, I would like to be a part of this group.

Hi, and welcome. A new thread is started each month for our group, I've attached the link below. We like to sign our posts with a name or nickname the others ladies can use to identify each person. Also a general location which helps us keep everyone sorted out as we a a fairly large group. This is a very supportive group of caring ladies.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730068/women-ages-50-for-march-2019#latest

We hope you'll join us in the March thread.

Janet OKC