Maintaining at 2700 CALS🤮

I am 5’9 and 163lbs and i just started my journey to build muscles 😬💪🏼 i was told today that i am under eating and have high metabolism so i need to eat at a surplus of 2700 cals... i mean how do you eat that many calories a day???🤮😩😅 if anyone had to do this please HELP!!!! thank you

Replies

• TaahineTonga13
    TaahineTonga13 Posts: 6 Member
    THANK YOU so much for the tips today will be day 2 of adjusting to eat this many calories😊 Yesterday was day 1 and had 615 calories i didnt eat at end of day😩 working on it hoping for the best🤞🏼 better go stock up on peanut butter, nuts and healthy snacks❤️
  • TaahineTonga13
    🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼❤️ thank you
    You are so helpful i better relax a little bit and find balance😅 im sure i will be naughty here and there to keep me happy😬😂
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼❤️ thank you
    You are so helpful i better relax a little bit and find balance😅 im sure i will be naughty here and there to keep me happy😬😂

It's not 'naughty' it's just hitting your calories and macros...
  • TaahineTonga13
    Ofcourse ❤️ i will focus on that🤞🏼
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    That sounds like a surefire way to gain weight vs muscle. Seems like way too large a daily surplus. Of course I have never done a bulk so whaddyiknow. :o

Haha yea I think OP meant they are maintaining at 2700 not a surplus of 2700 (I hope!) Females want to keep the gain around 0.5lb or less per week (in general there are some exceptions I'm sure) in order to keep fat gains at bay.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I maintain between 2600-3000; female 5’3” - my diary should be open - recommend looking pre nov 11 or after mid December (I did a 4 week cut between then)
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    When I was 140, I maintained on 2200-2300 calories. I'm around 135 and losing (slowly) at 1900-2100.
    2700 doesn't sound unreasonable to me. It depends on age, activity level.
    It's easy to hit 2700 with some chocolate or daily ice cream.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    I'm 5'6 and maintain at about 3400 calories a day. I gave up logging because it was completely pointless for me. When I want to lose weight I just stop eating baked goods at night time. I eat peanut butter porridge with chia and flax seed plus 2 cups of full fat yogurt for breakfast, a protein bar as mid morning snack, lunch is usually chicken or eggs, vegetables with some oil, whole grain bread and 3 TBSP of PB, dinner is lasagna or meat with vegetables and some sort of bread, then after dinner I usually have cheesecake or a smoothie made with banana, PB, protein powder and milk. Sometimes I have a few chocolates or timbits or something as well, when my kids want me to share their treats with them.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited February 2019
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Jeez...I'm a 6'2" male and weigh 170 pounds. I maintain at 2300 calories! 2700 is sooo many.

If you are 6'2" and maintaining at 2300 calories then you aren't very active at all. I am 6'2" 195" and I maintain anywhere from 3500-4000 calories. Its pretty irresponsible to tell someone they are eating too many calories without knowing their activity level or anything else about them.

Cool your jets there, turbo. Mine wasn't a statement of judgement, it was a statement of fact. 2700 calories is a ton (and I'm very jealous). For my maintenance, you are correct that 2300 calories is my basal burn before exercise. I run about 35 miles a week and eat all of that back.

With that mileage, and 2300 being your BMR, you likely ARE eating 2700 calories, if not more, since you say you eat your calories back -- I don't understand why you're jealous.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I am 5’9 and 163lbs and i just started my journey to build muscles 😬💪🏼 i was told today that i am under eating and have high metabolism so i need to eat at a surplus of 2700 cals... i mean how do you eat that many calories a day???🤮😩😅 if anyone had to do this please HELP!!!! thank you

Calorie dense foods and no "diet" foods...full fat salad dressings, full fat dairy, avocados, nuts and nut butters, roasting or sauteing your veg in good cooking oils...get good nutrition, but pizza and burgers are also your friend.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    fernt21 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and maintain at about 3400 calories a day. I gave up logging because it was completely pointless for me. When I want to lose weight I just stop eating baked goods at night time. I eat peanut butter porridge with chia and flax seed plus 2 cups of full fat yogurt for breakfast, a protein bar as mid morning snack, lunch is usually chicken or eggs, vegetables with some oil, whole grain bread and 3 TBSP of PB, dinner is lasagna or meat with vegetables and some sort of bread, then after dinner I usually have cheesecake or a smoothie made with banana, PB, protein powder and milk. Sometimes I have a few chocolates or timbits or something as well, when my kids want me to share their treats with them.

What do you do that needs the calories? Totally not judging!