Anyone else trying to lose 100+ Pounds?

13»

Replies

• CoffeeDaze
    CoffeeDaze Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to lose 100+ pounds as well. I'm disabled, so I'm focusing hard on the food management aspect (as exercise is limited). I just started last week and have gone from 350 to 346, so it seems to be working.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm working on starting a new group for those like me who are morbidly obese with health issues and need to lose in the neighborhood of 100 pounds. Go to my blog and comment about any ideas you may have if you're interested. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/corrarjo
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    @corrarjo
    I just read your blog and it seems we are on similar journeys. Lots of unhealthy eating habits over years finally catching up with us. I started at 310 lbs on 11/26 and this morning the scale said 283 lbs. One of the other groups I belong to has the True Weight component. This has really helped me get over the "not so good days". I also use Deficit=TDEE-Intake to measure my daily journey. Being a numbers guy I have found this to be a much better way for me.
    Living at the beach I jokingly say that this summer I want to be able to spend a day on the beach without people trying to roll me back in the water....SAVE THE WHALE!
  • chulksmash
    chulksmash Posts: 1 Member
    Would like to be included in the "100 club". I'm 355lbs now. Down 5lbs from last month. Does anyone know if you can use a fitbit with MyFitnessPal? I find it much easier to add food, etc. Fitbit app doesn't work right. Thanks.
    Chris
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    I use the fitbit with MFP. For my food I use MFP. I'm living in Holland and fitbit food bank doesn't work here. But MFP does work very good. The only thing that works fine in fitbit are the steps count. The exercises is better in MFP. Just combinate the two and you have a fantastic MFP.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    So, there is a "Biggest Loser" competition where I work. All of the participants are on teams. I told my team members that instead of trying to lose big chunks of weight at once, just shoot for 1-2 lbs a week. Begrudgingly, they agreed. At first other teams (5 to a team) were losing 20-25 lbs a week whereas my team's largest loss through the 1st 4 weeks was 11 lbs. Now, after this week, we are still averaging 10.6 lbs lost per week. Those big loss teams are struggling to lose 5 lbs total a week and a couple of the teams are adding weight. Trying to make people understand that losing slow and steady is always tough, until they actually see the progress/results.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    I need to lose over 100lbs. Am at 62 so far! Feel free to add me!
  • Hi everyone. I too have over 100 pounds to lose. I started at 250 and am now at 240. I am looking to hit between 130 and 140. I am so tired of starting over and being unhappy and unhealthy.
  • rebroxx
    rebroxx Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, 300 pounds and looking to lose around 140. Only just started on this journey so feeling quite overwhelmed. Feel free to add me :)
    Would love some friends who have similar goals for support and inspiration.
  • kplumm88
    kplumm88 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey I am working on losing 170ish pounds. Ive been on MFP for years but just restarted my weightloss efforts on Tuesday February 12th. Highest weight was 320, starting weight is 313, and ultimate goal weight is 140ish.
  • CG2707
    CG2707 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all!

I too, am on a journey to lose 100+ lbs. I have a short term goal to lose 40 to 50 lbs by the end of June. Been going for two weeks and have lost 5 lbs. Going to weigh myself again on Thursday.

How’s it going for you?
  • Amaris_uk
    Amaris_uk Posts: 19 Member
    Hiya, I have way over 100lb to loose and a HUGE determination to do this and get healthy so I can keep up with my very active toddler!
  • ashleyncline1
    ashleyncline1 Posts: 6 Member
    I am!!! It would be nice to have people in a similar situation to help keep each other motivated. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    I have over 140 lbs I am working on losing myself.
  • misswillpower
    misswillpower Posts: 15 Member
    Hi.. I have 100 lbs to lose. I gained 2] lbs in about 5 months that was a big wake up call for me. I do not know how to add any friends. You can add me and/or please guide me how to.
  • misswillpower
    misswillpower Posts: 15 Member
    I'm trying to add friends and of course I don't know how. Can someone please guide me?