Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

App keeps crashing

lunachick0lunachick0 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
Hello
I can’t seem to find a tech support link anywhere but my app keeps shutting down as I’m using it. Very randomly but especially as I’m building recipes. Also the app DESTROYS my battery life. Just now it drained more than 20% of my battery in five minutes while I tried to add a recipe. Which btw didn’t work because the app shut down three times! Anyone having same issues?

Replies

• PDaddy1815PDaddy1815 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    After three years of using MFP, it now crashes every time if I try to saved/complete my daily entries. Only good to enter, not to sum up or post.
  • claram5415claram5415 Posts: 529Member Member Posts: 529Member Member
    I too am not getting to “complete my diary for the day” it is saving what I enter but I miss the “if every day were like today” message.
    edited February 28
  • olestordalolestordal Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    I will add to this. Been using the app for 14 days, no issues until 2-3 days ago when the app started randomly crashing. There is not apparent pattern to it. It can happen while logging food, while just staring at the feed or, like just now, while trying to compose a message in the “Contact Us” section about the app crashing. I am on an iPhone 8 plus. Latest iOS and I just now updated the app (hoped it would sort out the crashyness). I have also restarted the phone..just to be safe.
  • ncpierpressurencpierpressure Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Started crashing 3 days ago while logging final diary meal. Sent bug report last night. No contact from customer service.
  • olestordalolestordal Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    Three days seems about right.. For me the app seems to crash exactly 60 seconds after it logs in. I don’t even have to touch it after starting the app, after 60 seconds the screen goes black as the app crashes out, then back to home screen. Frustrating when you’ve been looking for the correct food item, started adding it..tweaking the amount or whatever..then *blank screen*..and then have to start all over..
    This might help. I decided to attempt a reinstall, so I deleted the app, but kept all the data. After reinstalling it has not crashed. Yet. This is on iPhone.
  • graylsavgraylsav Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I have been using MFP consistently for about 3 years now, and sometime over the past year I noticed that every time I go to scroll back in time in the gallery of my progress photos, the app crashes. It is every. single. time. At this point I have stopped using that feature of the app, but every once in awhile I try to look back on my progress and it crashes again. I've been wanting to let the developers know about this issue, but all I can find for leaving feedback is this forum, so hopefully our comments lead to some changes.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 255Member Member Posts: 255Member Member
    I updated my phone and now it MFP app crashes every time I open it. I can only log from PC...
  • HealthatiHealthati Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    Since the latest update the app keeps crashing. It freezes and crashes no matter if I'm trying to enter a food, edit something or just looking at my diary/progress/nutrition. I sent a bug report but haven't heard anything back. On Android.
    edited October 13