Do people wait for love/intimacy?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I feel I don't have a choice but to wait. I refuse to settle for the first joe blow that comes along simply because I don't want to be single. I was married a very long time and now divorced and back on the dating scene. I want to find "Mr. Really Right" this time or I'll just stay single.
    I know that it's the norm for men to approach woman, but I believe that women can use subtle one-liners to show that you're interested. If a girl asked me in real life "Do you think that I'm attractive?" I would tell the truth, and it's a yes or no answer. Then I would also have no reason not to connect or date, but I wouldn't do so if it's about ego.

Oh I'm not subtle. When I'm interested in a man, he is going to KNOW it. Now after that, it's up to him what he does with that information. I will NOT chase after any man.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but I have no problem going up to a man and introducing myself, depending on the setting of course. Online dating makes it that much easier. There is always the risk of rejection but so what, people don't die from rejection. If YOU are interested in someone, then shoot your shot. Confidence is very attractive. I'm also a grown woman who has been through A LOT and I did not have this same mentality back in my younger years.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    It's funny how women are so much more spiritually intelligent with these things, and guys go to the effort of doing creepy pointless things either in real life or online. My friend told me before "you can't chase women, they need to find you", I think he's right as well. Things can get messy when you try to force things, and lowering standards isn't necessary.

Agreed, you shouldn't force anything or lower your standards.