Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Why are you single? 🤔

Replies

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2019
    all except 3 and halfway on 8. Most of the time I like being alone, I'm an introvert, but sometimes I want company and I'm such an introvert that on those rare occasions I don't really have anyone to turn to.

PS: in any cosmic question, the answer is always "Jupiter".
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    1, 2, 5, and 7

My mother tells me that I'm single because I'm too independent
    My brother tells me I'm single because I'm intimidating
    My best friend tells me I'm single because I'm picky

Me? I think its because a) I have the social skills of a sloth b) I wasted my youth in obesity c) I'm weird d) there aren't any good places to meet new singles in my area (I don't go to bars and don't intend to start, so where else does one meet new people in a rural area?)

* A good gym
    * Church
    * An activity social group ... Camping, concerts, hiking, movies, dinners, book clubs... MeetUp might be a good place to start.

my area is so rural and behind the times, there isn't any kind of activity social group like that around. And Church would be the place I'd like to meet someone, but there isn't any unattached guys at my church; in fact, there aren't many folks my age period at my church.....

My sister and I met a couple of guys camping last year, but while it was nice conversation, they were out of state and on a guys trip out because one was getting a divorce and the other was being "supportive"

I'm trying to figure out how the whole grocery store thing works - or is that only seen in movies and books?

course, once they find out I'm a crazy spinster cat lady......*shrugs* lol Though I promise, I don't wear cat ear hats and headbands or meow at them like in that commercial on TV :smiley:

Old people who attend church ALWAYS have sons, nephews, grandsons/nephews, friends, work associates or mentees they might want to introduce you to.

Have you tried casting a wider net? Attending a Hillsong and the like Singles Retreat? The ones held here field attendees from multiple church campuses and ALL attendees are 'looking.'

If your church is a traditional one, you're likely going to be stuck with the older generation. Avoid the Single women's retreats ( Spa days and prayers - not what you're looking for).

@grocery store ... AVOID, unless you're looking for a hookup. A Farmer's Market would be a better gamble imo.

ALSO, do not be HUNG UP on age. It's what a lot of 20 something's in my neighborhood told my sis & I. Naturally, we don't favour younger, so we cross them off. Maybe for you, being a little flexible with age, accepting interest from younger men might get your dating wheels turning.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    huh..... I just don't like people I guess... #13? Also, many women my age expect a man to just be all over them, in more than one way and that is not my personality...
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    My answer has changed since I last answered this. It is now 5,6 and 7
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    9. I am a human bouncy castle
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member

There are many people who like that! You just have to find one of them.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    ex8s66h0x6mu.png
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    ex8s66h0x6mu.png

ME: Fly, you fools!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Reasons 1, 2, and 8. Had a lot of bad roommate situations and can't imagine being able to trust anyone fully enough to commit 100%. It's bad enough having to find new living arrangements when you're not legally bound to someone else; you can at least take your own stuff and go, without having to wind up in court. Fortunately, I quite like the single life and I'm very good at it.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

There are many people who like that! You just have to find one of them.

I want to lose weight and establish some good habits first. I am in no hurry :)
  • 2Legit2QuitTx
    2Legit2QuitTx Posts: 322 Member
    4 & 7 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • fastb20vtec8116
    fastb20vtec8116 Posts: 79 Member
    🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    2, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Hot mess express over here haha 😅 Who really wants to try dating during 2020 though? Seems like a recipe for disaster 🤷‍♀️
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Honestly? I think I'm a sociopath...
  • Cutemesoon
    2, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Hot mess express over here haha 😅 Who really wants to try dating during 2020 though? Seems like a recipe for disaster 🤷‍♀️

You can still date. Just take proper precautions. 😁

s0c4iy40vugh.jpg
  • Cutemesoon
    115s wrote: »
    Honestly? I think I'm a sociopath...

Oh...well... thanks for letting us know. You take care of yourself.

tenor.gif?itemid=11013115
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    I'm not anymore, but I was because my ex turned into a selfish dick and I deserved better.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,199 Member
    edited June 2020
    Because I enjoy dealing with my friends and relatives trying to set me up with women who are as poorly suited for marriage as I am. :# LOL