Feeling unhealthy

After dry January, eating well and being more active I’ve started February feeling very lathergic and unmotivated.

Not sure if it’s because I have started drinking again? (Not much)

Anyone got any motivation tips?

Replies

• Roadking311
    Roadking311 Posts: 26 Member
    Stay the course. Make sure you are staying hydrated and getting the proper macros in your diet. Don’t drop to low.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Hard for us to tell without seeing your diary and your goals, but if your calorie deficit is too aggressive, that could be leeching your energy.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    I don't know where you live but here it's the middle of winter weather and that definitely is having an impact on moods. It's hard to get outside, it's gloomy all the time (no sun for days at a time etc), I'm ready for spring!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    It's hard to give you more specific advice without knowing how much and what you are eating now. But I know personally, I always "feel" more unhealthy when I am not eating enough fruits and vegetables. My natural tastes don't really lead me to eat them so I have to make an effort. I try to make sure to eat at least one per meal and I find that my body feels better and I have more energy. But your situation may be different depending on your current eating habits.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    After dry January, eating well and being more active I’ve started February feeling very lathergic and unmotivated.

1. How many pounds do you have to lose before your reach your goal weight?
    2. What weekly weight loss goal did you select?
    3. What percentage of the calories you earned from exercise do you eat back?
  • katherineleggett
    katherineleggett Posts: 129 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

7 more pounds, 1lb a week, usually about half Big I don’t exercise much at the moment.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Try going back to not drinking again and see if it makes a difference? IF that's the biggest change in your diet, it could be related, for a number of reasons...

Alcohol disrupts sleep patterns.
    Alcohol disrupts blood sugars
    Alcohol replaces more nutrient dense sources of calories in the body - what did you stop eating to make room for the booze?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    You say eating well, but what exactly do you mean by that?

Is it possible that you had to large of a deficit? (Which can result in feeling lethargic)

If I don’t eat enough I feel lethargic and that in turn results in me not wanting to workout. I will also start to get moody and lightheaded after awhile.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

7 more pounds, 1lb a week, usually about half Big I don’t exercise much at the moment.

With only 7lbs to go 0.5lb per week loss would be better.

How much weight did you lose in January?