A little help.

Options
I'm male. 30 years of age. 198lbs. Want to lose about 30lbs. 5ft9. MFP gave me 1590 calories per day. I quite smoking last year and put on a couple of stone in weight. I use to eat what I wanted but now I want to change that. The thing is when it comes to healthy eating and knowing what to eat I get unstuck. So I could use a little help or nudge in the right direction with meal plans and which foods I should eat and macros. Anything is appreciated.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I would suggest just logging your food for a week or two, trying to hit your calorie goal. Then look back over your days and see what jumps out at you - are any of your macros really low or high? Do you need more veggies? Where are you wasting calories? How do you feel? And make small incremental changes from there.

The MFP default macros are fine, many of us look at the protein, fat, and fiber goals as minimums we try to hit or exceed and let carbs fall where they may.

1590 sounds a little low. Considering your stats, 1 lb per week is probably the most realistic goal. Since you are aiming for the top of the healthy weight range, you "may" be able to go for 1.5 lbs per week, but if you find it difficult to stick to, losing slower and getting to goal is better than losing faster and quitting early! :drinker: