It started with a slab of birthday cake and ice cream...

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    HilTri wrote: »
    Well, today was 1800 fabulous calories of protein and veggies! My body likes that better than fat and sugar. I like it all...Someone told me today that our bodies aren’t machines, they are instruments. I like to take care of mine. I like raisins too.

How much weight are you trying to lose? 1800 is pretty low for a guy. Like, close to the bare minimum.

Why not eat 1600 calories (or what ever would be a reasonable calorie target for your goals) of “clean” foods and then save 10-20% of your budget for treats? Might save from going off the rails next time. Besides, what’s wrong with fat? It’s an essential macronutrient.

OP is female.

Rest of the advice applies, however ;) .
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    WinoGelato, I am a female in maintenance. I seem to do better reserving the sugary treats for special occasions. I don’t mind fat but the fat is was referring to was the stick of butter in the cookie frosting and the crisco in the cookies!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    I care far more about what food TASTES like than what it LOOKS like.

And I'm with you - I love oatmeal raisin cookies. And I loathe oatmeal chocolate chip.
    (WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?! UGH!) I do like regular chocolate chip though.
    This!

My wife makes awesome oatmeal raisin cookies, and the first few usually go down really quick when they come out of the oven. For ... quality control purposes...lol.

OP - I get it, I eat almost what I want to these days - last night was cinnamon buns for dessert, but I had plenty of room for them. But I do feel it, at least just a little. The days I load up on veggies/lean meats/fruits leave me feeling more energetic over all.

I do love the desserts though....
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    HilTri wrote: »
    I eat a very clean diet day to day. I recently had a birthday and a very large piece of birthday cake that I thoroughly enjoyed guilt free. The next day however, I made sugar cookie double doozies with cream cheese frosting for my class. I ate 4 cookies and enough frosting to frost two cakes (gross exaggeration). The thing I want to put out there is that my mind is telling me to exerercise excessively to redeem myself. My body is tired from my normal regimen and I know this isn’t healthy thinking. I should just close the book on yesterday and start back to my regular diet today. I am just saying this out loud so I glean the insanity of trying to out exercise a bad day of eating.

As others have said, there's nothing wrong with celebrating occasionally, but my take on it is you have to watch portion sizes. There are no "good foods" and "bad foods", but a slab of cake sounds a lot different to a slice!! Don't know what "sugar cookie double doozies" are, but I'm sure the danger lies in that word "double". Also you should perhaps leave the word "diet" out of your vocabulary. It's a lifestyle change. So we can easily include a celebration into our lifestyle as long as we're conscious of what our caloric intake is, as well as our caloric output. Keep on striving for a calorie deficit, despite whatever may have gone wrong on that one day.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Thank you all for your posts. I just love MPF and having so many like minded people to talk with!