Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Firm / Block cottage cheese bake - recipe.

just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,808Member Member Posts: 6,808Member Member
in Recipes
Firm / block cottage cheese bake.... make it :) Pictures is 1/4 of the cake. Perfect evening coffee snack or break fast :)
Again please dont yell at me for this not being zero calorie food.

bc58wxe9virg.jpg

Get.
300 gram, 0% Fat Cottage cheese
100 ml(s), Yogurt- Greek 0%
2 tsp., Stevia In the Raw
2 large, Egg
30 g, Protein Powder (Vanilla)
10 ml (1 tsp), Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4cup, Raisins or any dry fruit chopped
200g, Apples, raw, chopped.
2tbsp C - Dry, Millett (skip if you dont have it but this adds structure by soaking up extra liquids that apple will give off)

Do.
Blend cottage cheese + yogurt + egg yolk + protein powder + vanilla + stevia until creamy and smooth.
Beat the egg whites to stiff.
Fold in the whites into blended things.
Mix in raisings and millet.
Pour into 8x8 baking dish.
Stick apple chunks into the batter.
Bake at 350F for 45minutes. Let rest. Slice as you desire. I like to top it with either WF chocolate syrup or apricot preserves.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 781
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15 g 24 %
Saturated Fat 3 g 16 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 401 mg 134 %
Sodium 205 mg 9 %
Potassium 377 mg 11 %
Total Carbohydrate 68 g 23 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g 27 %
Sugars 33 g
Protein 101 g 202 %
Vitamin A 13 %
Vitamin C 15 %
Calcium 76 %
Iron 16 %
edited February 20

Replies

• gracenlunargracenlunar Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I just made this tonight but I used blueberries instead of apples and raisins and added lemon juice and it came out amazing. Thank you for posting!
  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 412Member Member Posts: 412Member Member
    This is next on my agenda.

I’m a fan of calories, even in times when I’m less active and have to mindfully trim some of them.
    They do important stuff like fuel bodily processes.
    Also a fan of beautiful food made from vital real ingredients that tastes amazeballs.

Love that this is a new use of cottage cheese- As a kid, I had a mom was healthminded and on a really limited budget.
    Broiled Cottage cheese ‘quesadillas’ with whole wheat tortillas bring back happy, messy memories.

Thanks for the cc inspo- it’s one of the ‘white foods’ I actually like (Greek yogurt and tofu being the other major players.)
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Posts: 3,994Member Member Posts: 3,994Member Member
    Looks good crazy--will try.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,808Member Member Posts: 6,808Member Member
    I just made this tonight but I used blueberries instead of apples and raisins and added lemon juice and it came out amazing. Thank you for posting!

Thanx for trying. Glad you like it.
    Looks good crazy--will try.

Let me know how it goes :)
    Made another one this weekend. This time I skipped the raisins since I did not have any and added more apples. Now I have 4 days worth of breakfast with coffee :)
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 1,967Member Member Posts: 1,967Member Member
    Making it for the second time tonight. Tried to make it like you did the first time to make sure I got it right. Missed that you said vanilla protein powder, so used unflavored. I usually cut the sugar, but this recipe called for so little, I left it out. Left the raisins out cause I am not crazy about them, and why add the calories. Didn’t use Millett. I don’t even know what it is.
    It was pretty good, but definitely needed some sweet.

It’s in the oven now, made with almond flour instead of protein powder, blueberries and apples.
    It looked lighter and fluffier. Sure hope it turns out as good as I am anticipating!

• corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 1,967Member Member Posts: 1,967Member Member
    ghyc4mkcst4f.png
    Numbers aren’t as good as yours, but still good!
    Making it for the second time tonight. Tried to make it like you did the first time to make sure I got it right. Missed that you said vanilla protein powder, so used unflavored. I usually cut the sugar, but this recipe called for so little, I left it out. Left the raisins out cause I am not crazy about them, and why add the calories. Didn’t use Millett. I don’t even know what it is.
    It was pretty good, but definitely needed some sweet.

It’s in the oven now, made with almond flour instead of protein powder, blueberries and apples.
    It looked lighter and fluffier. Sure hope it turns out as good as I am anticipating!

Good thing you made it and tried it. Number will not be the same, nor will be the taste or texture since you made so many subs hehe. As long as you like it ;)
    Wanted it. No fruit. Too tired to go to store. Made it. Nope. Tastes good, but not very filling and satisfying for almost as many calories. Will definitely have fruit next time.
    Tonight goals :)
    Didnt have apples to used pear. And if I am am going to use pear, I am going to add pumpkin spice to the mix. Result? Excellent.