Introductions

1235»

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    am_change wrote: »
    @am_change Thanks! It's certainly exciting we'll be finding out the gender the 26th hopefully and shes having a gender reveal and baby shower may 19th that shes excited for!

It's alot of planning and learn as you go I've noticed so far. she's expected to give birth august 11th

Yay so exciting! As you're my Change brother sharing your news, now seems a good time to share with you that I'm also expecting, due in June. :)

YEAHHHH So happy for both of you/your "changes" !! Congrats!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    New to this group, but will log everything I have done since the beginning. I am doing this for another group. Love the challenges, it keeps me accountable, and make me rethink giving up and diving into extras etc.

Exactly why I'm here too! I was thinking on Sunday I may have to commit to this for life ;)
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Hi My name is Laurel. I am new to the group and the challenge. I am working on weight loss right now. I have about 45 pounds to lose. I want to lose fat but also gain muscle and increase my heart health as I just hit 40 this year and my birthday lab results in January were not so great.

I am really struggling with staying focused and on track on my own so I am joining a few groups to keep myself accountable and motivated. I look forward to getting to know you all and working towards our goals together
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Welcome @lklimowicz.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Welcome to the team, @lklimowicz! Glad to have you and you'll find lots of encouragement here.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Welcome home, @Dory_42
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Welcome back @Dory_42 It is absolutely astounding what an inconvenience it is when one experiences limited or loss of use of an appendage. For me it was a leg, some years back, where multiple fractures required two surgeries with multiple plates, 9 screws and 5 months of healing before I could even begin to start walking, again. Be persistent in following doctor's orders and consistent with PT as allowed. My recovery was pretty decent...not 100% but not at all bad either. Wishing you a full 100% recovery from your injury!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    @BMcC9 Thank you!!

@w8goal4life Thank you! I am behaving and obeying all the rules set for my healing, despite the frustrations they cause. My therapist is very impressed with my progress already even though we were only 2 weeks post surgery at our last session.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @Dory_42, hi! Sorry about your injury! Welcome back!
    Bonnie in Nashville, TN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Dory_42 Welcome back. Commiserations on having the embargo on some exercise. I can empathise completely. Hang in there.

Back for my sixth month. Working on improving my fitness and health. Made the Winners Circle for the fifth time last month.

I've been working on muscle development over the last 6 weeks, so weight loss has stalled. New deadline for reaching my final target is my 53rd Wedding Anniversary in July.

80464089.png

This is a good place for anyone to start the practicing of new habits, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere