Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

MY FOODS & My MEALS not saving

cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 29,291Member Member Posts: 29,291Member Member
This is a huge problem.

MY FOODS and MY MEALS don't save, or they may be saving but they cannot be added to the FOOD page. This is the whole basis of this website. I've cleared cache and cookies, it's across multiple browsers, I have no add-ons or extensions on my browsers.

W10, Firefox and Edge

Please can someone address these issues? I put in a ticket about the meals. It is such a difficult process to report, and if I post a topic in "Help" it doesn't even post...so that leaves emails which I did but this can't be left unresolved.

Can a moderator please comment here?

@psulemon
@kgeyser
@JustSomeEm
@sugaraddict4321
@AliceDark
@RiderOfWestern
@WorkerDrone83

@Alex
edited February 2019

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 29,291Member Member Posts: 29,291Member Member
    Thanks, the email I sent hasn't gotten a reply yet.

So as recently as 1/26/19 I was able to save meals...whatever happened that caused the problem was between 1/26/19 and 2/24/19.

Seems there are quite a few complaints about this.
    If you guys want to combine my two threads on similar subjects, here's the other one. I wrote it yesterday when I thought the "network protocol error" may have meant something, but the subjects are similar...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729044/network-protocol-error-contact-website-saving-meals-again#latest
  • The_EnginerdThe_Enginerd Posts: 3,932Member Member Posts: 3,932Member Member
    And given the amount of folks having this issue, it appears to be a system issue. The behavior is the same regardless of the browser or device, and I've tried from my Android Chrome browser.

They do appear in the app however... (old Android MFP version 6.X.X).
    And given the amount of folks having this issue, it appears to be a system issue. The behavior is the same regardless of the browser or device, and I've tried from my Android Chrome browser.

They do appear in the app however... (old Android MFP version 6.X.X).

I don't have the app due to to many other issues with data use etc. My issues are on the web W10/ Firefox/ Edge

I hope they figure it out. I wish more people would chime in about it if indeed it is widespread. One of the threads on this the member posted that she was told by tech that it's just a few people.

Maybe people haven't figured it out yet. I know I didn't know or notice.
  • Strudders67Strudders67 Posts: 289Member Member Posts: 289Member Member
    workerdrone/ sugaraddict, as Moderators, do you have a direct contact to someone who can look at the problem or ensure someone else is looking at the problem?

This has been happening for at least a couple of days although, until I also saw the same thing on my work PC, I wondered if it was because there was something wrong or out of date on my laptop, even though I'd cleared the cache yet again.

It's not just meals - if you update an existing, out of date entry in the database, that entry then disappears so you can't use it. If you add a new entry, you can add it to your diary immediately, but you can't add it afterwards as it's not available if you search for it.
    workerdrone/ sugaraddict, as Moderators, do you have a direct contact to someone who can look at the problem or ensure someone else is looking at the problem?

This has been happening for at least a couple of days although, until I also saw the same thing on my work PC, I wondered if it was because there was something wrong or out of date on my laptop, even though I'd cleared the cache yet again.

It's not just meals - if you update an existing, out of date entry in the database, that entry then disappears so you can't use it. If you add a new entry, you can add it to your diary immediately, but you can't add it afterwards as it's not available if you search for it.

Right. Once you edit a food it becomes a MY FOOD.

Any newly added MY FOODS & MEALS, neither one are searchable now.
    Still nothing from Tech about this.

How can we use a calorie counting website without being able to enter our FOODS???
  • ElAitch126ElAitch126 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    This is an ongoing problem, and they are doing nothing to fix it. It has persisted for at least four years.
    laverne126 wrote: »
    This is an ongoing problem, and they are doing nothing to fix it. It has persisted for at least four years.

Well it just started for me. It makes the site unusable. I've been on this site since 2007 and this is a new problem.
  • kaikolohekaikolohe Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Still nothing from Tech about this.

How can we use a calorie counting website without being able to enter our FOODS???

This.
  • DMOMofTHREEDMOMofTHREE Posts: 55Member Member Posts: 55Member Member
    I've noticed this too this week. If i edit a recipe to make corrections it disappears completely, forcing me to re-enter it with a slightly different name because it tells me that name exists even though it doesn't come up in the search
  • Strudders67Strudders67 Posts: 289Member Member Posts: 289Member Member
    I've just been on to the Support Centre page and found this.

"Our apologies for any issues you are having with your newly created Meals and Foods not showing up on the website. Starting late in the day on Friday, Feb 15th, we started receiving reports of users experiencing this issue.

Update: We have now identified a few factors causing this issue and are hard at work on a resolution for them.

In the meantime, these items should be accessible via the apps if you have access to them.

Unfortunately, once a fix is in place, items created during this downtime may still not appear on the website and will need to be created again. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause".
    Thank you, @Strudders67

Where did you find that? Can you link it for me?
  • The_EnginerdThe_Enginerd Posts: 3,932Member Member Posts: 3,932Member Member

I searched some of my foods I recently created/edited on the website during that time and they now appear.
  • JoycieGordonJoycieGordon Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    This would appear to be happening again. As of last night I haven’t been able to log anything from MY MEALS on this app which displays the following message. “Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps”. It’s all double dutch to me as I wouldn’t know how to select add ons or where to find them. HELP!
  • krellanakrellana Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I can't use my meals. Why is it that now that I'm a paying customer this site is of no use to me. My meals is why I like this site. I enter my days plan in morning BEFORE I eat breakfast to be sure I say within calories/nutrients. I use a PC not an app. Sorry for rant, buit time to look for new way to manage my health.
    Yeah, it started happening yesterday for me too. Still broken today. W10 Firefox