March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless great job doing 18 miles two days in a row. You can't see me right now, but I am literally bowing down to you!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else repeatedly refreshing Twitter feeds to find out what is going on in the Barkley Marathon even though we are still only 3 loops in and another 30ish possible hours to go? (Sounds like hell conditions there)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    As much as I'd love to run 8.5 today to meet my goal for the month, the pain in both Achilles, not enough to be a concern, but enough to listen to, tell me it would be a dumb thing to do. I'll spend an hour doing core work tonight and let my tendons recover. Perhaps I'll run tomorrow on what would normally be a rest day.

In any event, it was a great month.
    I had my longest training run ever, at 26.4 miles.
    I had weekly totals of 40+ miles three times. I only three of those all of last year.
    I had my largest monthly total in 23 months.

All in spite of having an 11 day stretch with only 2 runs due to being sick and work demands.

hno2lsnogszv.jpg

As I am currently going through a bit of achilles tendonopathy I empathise totally, and may I recommend you do a few calf raises off a step - try both straight leg and bent leg, raise very slowly until you feel the achilles working and in the right spot it will actually give you relief (depending on where the pain is either the straight or bent will work for you). When you find that spot, hold for 15 seconds. Do other side. Repeat. And again. Magic.