Short girls! How many calories do you eat to lose and mai rain

2»

Replies

• jillycube
    jillycube Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm 5ft, age 37, 108lbs w/ 18% bodyfat according to my scale (was 106 w/ 20% bodyfat prior to this). I was 122lbs with a bodyfat mass of 33% in August 2018 when I took the gym's free InBody Test offer as a new member.

I'm aiming for 105lbs but I'm pretty satisfied where I'm at. My daily calories on MFP is 1470 and Very Active (1hr treadmill runs when not biking to work during lunch break, bike commute 20-24mi/day to work 5days/week somewhat casual pace 10mph-14mph, sometimes 30-60mi on a weekend. Also lifting weights every other day.)

Prior to losing weight I was already doing a lot of bike activity, same as mentioned minus access to the gym's treadmill and weights, but I wasn't eating proportionally to my size and mindlessly snacked and drank a beer often when I didn't track anything I ate. I was noticing I was moving slower and I easily was losing my breath on climbs on my hilly weekend rides. Not the case anymore now.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm 5'0", I maintain on roughly 2500 (I don't always log in maintenance). I've been eating 2100 to lose a couple of pounds and move to the lower end of my maintenance range, I may try and lose a few more pounds before summer.

I'm very active (I'm a SAHM to 3 small people), I lift heavy 3x a week, and I'm breastfeeding (an older toddler, not exclusively) so you can take about 300 calories off for the breastfeeding. If I wasn't breastfeeding, I'd probably be maintaining around 2100-2200 and losing at 1800. Or maybe I burn more breastfeeding, I'm not sure.