WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Kate UK - I have a couple friends that have used meetup and has had great success and made new friends with it. I have thought about looking into it myself. Enjoy!

Sue - that sounds very painful, glad it was feeling better

EI is employment insurance. It used to be called unemployment insurance here too. I don’t know exactly when it was changed. Every person when they are working has an amount deducted from their pay to help fund it. I am grateful for it, but it’s not enough to pay all the bills.

Katla - I am always amazed at the rules of healthcare in the States when people have to wait for approval or need to ensure they have money before being seen.

Lanette - I was contacted for this job by an independent recruiter that was hired as a consultant to the company I would have worked for. I think from the email that she wasn’t really given a reason as to why. Her email stated that the owners chose to go with someone they found on their own and not through her, but they wanted me to know they enjoyed meeting and spending time with me. She has agreed to contact me if she comes across another opportunity that I would be suitable for.
    I was raised the same as you for meals. We had chips and coke brought into the house on Friday nights for a treat while we watch Dallas and Dukes of Hazard as a family. My Dad In winter would also make us chips, by cleaning the top of the wood stove and slicing potatoes very thin and cooking them on the stovetop. My Mom used to grumble because the next morning the stove would smile terribly!

Hope the cortisone shot helps your feet. Painful feet limits your ability to do so much.

Heather - I love the quote your DIL shared and I’m thankful you shared it with us. I’m so happy for you that you have talked to your friend and have made plans to have a visit.

Rebecca - good luck with this house. Hopefully you get an answer before the weekend so you know.

Karen - I bet you will enjoy having your daughter and friends there for a couple nights. Will your daughter stay with you the whole trip?

Kelly - hope your belly stays settled. I so agree about being Grateful. I started a Gratitude journal last year and really notice a difference if I skip a few days.

Allie - sorry to hear about your brother, hopefully he realizes soon that he is hitting himself and those who love him.

I have the Grands here with me today and I have a couple of things I want to work on before taking them home. I figure I will take them around 3 or so, that way my daughter gets a good amount of time today to herself. They aren’t a bother and help me keep my mind off my worries.

I noticed when I opened my window this morning to let clear the air of some sausage smoke that my windows need cleaned in the kitchen. That and sparkling the holes from rearranging wall hangings is on the agenda. I may also take the Grands to the park if it warms up enough.

Have a great day everyone
    Tracey In Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: Sending healing thoughts for your brother and his family. Margaret has given you the best possible advice. Don’t give your brother money because he’ll spend it on drugs. :broken_heart::heart:

NYKaren: Congratulations on raising an outstanding daughter. I hope you enjoy a bit of time with her. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Lppp
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Up to to page 60.

Dana: Lovely family.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Allie: Good energy and thoughts to you. Been there with my brother, and I believe there is no more hopeless feeling. <3

Heather: Glad to hear you chatted with your cancer friend and have plans for a get-together. Your affection for her shines through, and she is lucky to have you as a friend.

I ordered a new fitbit yesterday, utilizing the 25% discount they gave me after I reported my old one as kaput. I am getting the Charge 3, which has many upgraded features over my previous tracker. The only feature I really look forward to is the ability to track swimming. Not that I'll be hitting the pool anytime soon. Today was spectacular weather, but tomorrow we'll have snow. :(:(:(

Rori
    still SMILING in the
    Colorado Foothills
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Got out for my run :D , but I've suddenly got a blocked nose and catarrh. Sinus hurts. I am now wondering whether my stiff neck was a precursor.
    I think I will sleep in the top room tonight to avoid disturbing DH with my sneezing. Grrrrrrrrrr. Really don't need this after my poorly January. Probably caught it off Bea who was coughing last time we saw her. ;):*
    We are collecting Bea and then the kids tomorrow afternoon and babysitting them for the evening so my son and DDIL can go out for her birthday treat. They are going to etch. Some of you may remember that we had booked to go there in January, but had to cancel because of my coughing. It will be good to get some feedback from them before we pluck up the courage to spend all that money. Good thing is they do a 'soda flight' for my AF son. Only in Brighton!

Sorry Allie to hear about your brother. <3

Lisa and Penny, where are you?

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) I got a text at 5 AM from my friend who teaches the intermediate line dance class. She woke up too sick to teach and she hoped that I'd be able to take the class for her. I told her I'd be happy to teach for her. She's the one who filled in for me when I had the flu in January and for months last year when I injured my back. I was happy to be able to return the favor. I scurried around looking for step sheets for dances that were familiar to me, made sure I had the right music, and reduced my dog walking time so I could be there in time to set up for the class that started at 9. The class went great. Everyone was happy that the class hadn't been cancelled and seemed to enjoy the dances I chose. I'm not as fluent teaching the intermediate dances but I did well enough so everyone was able to review the steps and have fun dancing.

:'(Allie, sorry to hear about your brother. Being detached is difficult but a healthy way to survive the pain and worry.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Well I'm in bed and relaxed.. took my DGD to my hairdresser she had waist length hair,she got it cut just below the shoulders with bangs and she looks adorable..she is just over the moon...stopped at McDonalds on the way home to get her something to eat ...glad I can do little things that bring such joy to my family....
    My nephew is installing a new water heater for me this weekend and electrician will come put the fixtures up,and the guy coming to finish the ship lap.. whooo hooo.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    edited March 2019
    Rita- 3 men in the house were here to do work,and none of them were stud muffins lol

Just kidding! And too bad no hunks! Lol 🤣👽
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    Allie, so sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers and thoughts to both of you.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Spring must be here, the bullies are back. The two on the ice were patrolling as if to mark their territory.
    iynitzn59c5f.jpeg
    jqj1nrpl876x.jpeg

Heather - sorry to hear you aren’t feeling 100%, hope it passes quickly.

Rebecca - good sign, hopefully you get the call tomorrow and don’t have to wait all weekend to hear.

I took the Grands home around 3, I love them and enjoy my time with them but they tire me out!

I found 4 more jobs to apply for today, including one that is working at the polling station for our upcoming provincial election.
    That would get me out of the house for 6 days anyway.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Ppp
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2019
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Allie: Good energy and thoughts to you. Been there with my brother, and I believe there is no more hopeless feeling. <3

Heather: Glad to hear you chatted with your cancer friend and have plans for a get-together. Your affection for her shines through, and she is lucky to have you as a friend.

I ordered a new fitbit yesterday, utilizing the 25% discount they gave me after I reported my old one as kaput. I am getting the Charge 3, which has many upgraded features over my previous tracker. The only feature I really look forward to is the ability to track swimming. Not that I'll be hitting the pool anytime soon. Today was spectacular weather, but tomorrow we'll have snow. :(:(:(

Rori
    still SMILING in the
    Colorado Foothills

Rori, Jack got me a Charge 3 for Christmas and I LOVE it. I use it to track and time all sorts of activity. Hope;you enjoy it as much as I do mine. <3

Janetr OKC