WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Michele what fun!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Nykaren-- You are so brave to have those young people staying with you. I get so stressed out when people come to stay, even family. So afraid of being judged I guess.

Heather--Sounds like you had a nice phone visit and I pray next week goes as planned.

Katla--Glad to hear about your 2 zones. Enjoy!

Allie--Sorry to hear about your DB.

Tracey--Sending hugs and prayers.

Michele--Love all the things you have painted for your yard.

We had one day of 60 degree weather and now today more rain and only 30's. Sounds like later this evening and tomorrow they are talking about 2-4 inches of snow. Just what we need as they are starting to get the water from the flooding cleaned up. We are to go to Broken Bow tomorrow for a state ralley for our motorcycle group. Will be driving the car and depends on the weather is we go. I am so ready for spring.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Pat ~ Beautiful flowers and vase! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :star::flowerforyou: :star:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    vickie I feel the same way having people over, (we have very simple, minimalist taste, not fancy at all). But we both agreed, these young people are far from their homes and this is a great opportunity for them to see NYC for the first time in an affordable way. My DD is a great little tour/event planner, and is excited about this chance to share her love of nyc with west coasters! DH and I will just deal with it :# .

oh boy, my DYS just asked to stay a our place for 2 days while touring area colleges with her kid in April also....wait till I tell DH. When it rains it pours!

NYKAREN

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Dana: If the trees are dropping stuff does that mean you have lots of ‘free’ firewood available?
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    On company - I love to have company, the more the merrier! When my friends came, they often came in mass and we had 12-14 people staying with us, including kids. Of course, that only happened every few years and now the kids are all grown so it's just the adults now and the numbers are down.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Just finished watching the final of Masterchef. :D
    The day went really well. We collected Bea from her home and DDIL told us she was going out to meet my son and they would not be coming back before the restaurant meal. OK. :*
    Kids were great coming home, but tea time was a bit of a scramble. Not much of what I had prepared was eaten, but it didn't seem to matter. We finished off with Oreos! :laugh:
    Putting Bea to bed was my job and as soon as that was finished (phew!) I went out for fish and chips with mushy peas. Could not resist buying a bottle of Prosecco to go with it.
    All the kids are asleep. My son rang twice during the evening to check everything was OK. I was in a state because my phone had gone crazy, was hot, and had run down the battery. I assured him that my panic was nothing to do with the kids, just a technology malfunction. I think turning the phone off and on again has cured it.
    Expecting them home soon. It sounded as if the meal, and especially the soda flight was going well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :)Rita, Congratulations on your success. I know how long it has taken you to find a plan that worked for you and that you could live with. You look great.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    W
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Hi all! Beautiful weather here. Daffodils and hyacinth are up and blooming. Barbie, didn't you plant lots of bulbs last fall? How are they doing.

Rita - Nice pic.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Quick post, had to reply to Tracy:
    When you have been offered a job, it is very simple to say that you need "x" time off as your daughter is getting married on this date. Most employers will be understanding. If the interview is getting very chatty, especially now that the date is getting closer, the upcoming nuptials could be mentioned than also. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I know the right job is out there, just waiting for you!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island