Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sous Vide

13»

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 4,943 Member Member Posts: 4,943 Member
    Discovered the air fryer is good for reverse searing irregularly shaped meats such as rack of lamb that is hard to sear in a pan. Takes a good 15 minutes to heat up to 200C for searing.
  • plythacurplythacur Member Posts: 32 Member Member Posts: 32 Member
    I frequently buy the club packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, season them, and freeze them in sous vide bags for easy weeknight dinners. I always start with salt and pepper then add sub sauce, rosemary and lemon, garlic and sage, cumin lime and garlic, creole seasoning, or some other combo. Just add about 30 minutes to your normal cook time to account for them being frozen ahead of time.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 4,943 Member Member Posts: 4,943 Member
    Efficient idea to prep bags in advance. Any disadvantage of just pulling them out of the freezer in the morning and letting them defrost in the fridge while you're at work?
    edited March 1
  • StatChicBayesStatChicBayes Member, Premium Posts: 343 Member Member, Premium Posts: 343 Member
    Chicken, turkey breast, and salmon are all great (although I still prefer atlantic salmon cooked on my Big Green Egg, but this is a nice alternative if it is too rainy to get the grill going)

Scallops - cooked at 120 for 30 minutes! perfectly done! Can sear in a hot cast iron skillet, place under a broiler or use a blow torch if you want to brown.

Shitake mushrooms are fantastic! (add a little soy sauce + rice wine to season and cook for 30 minutes at 185) so tender! (what's really nice is that you can skip adding oil to reduce fat content with mushrooms and lots of other vegetable)

Lots of great recipes from Anova Culinary (just google). My only disaster was with squid one time - it turned to mush!