The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    I responded to her with answers to her questions and she berated me in a message about how all men are pigs and deserved to be dragged out and publicly humiliated and shamed.
    That’s because there are really lame idiots on these platforms who make it worse for everyone, and they spam all girls with useless dark chit. I don’t use dating platforms anymore for that reason - I don’t want to be looked upon as just another inconvenience even though my intent on them was genuine.

I get that, and I feel bad for the women who have to deal with it. But, it does not excuse her for her actions. She was the one who initiated the contact with me with a nice, decent message. My response to her was in kind. Nice, decent, respectful. Those who have interacted with me know that unless I'm very comfortable with someone, I don't do/say anything risque. "Know thy audience" is the rule I follow.

It was her second message to me which was completely uncalled for. I made no comments sexually, disrespectful or anything of the nature. I wound up reporting her to Match, along with screenshots of the three messages between us.

Again, had I of been like a lot of *kitten* men then I'd say it was warranted. But, wasn't the case.
    I’m sorry that this happened...my only guess was that she wanted to attack from the beginning, while first appearing all sweet and spice. I would wonder about the mental health of some users as well, and this person who attacked you was most likely mentally unstable. I think it was a good idea to report her, because it’s only right that mentally healthy people make themselves active on them.

Yep, I felt as though I was setup from the start. And I questioned her mental health as i was reading her second message and was concerned for others. I never heard back on it, so no idea if action was taken.

But, it does show that one needs to be careful regardless of their sex.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I find it hard to stay single.....a lot of options out there.....very tricky

We're like polar opposites. Not being single is not even an option for me. There is nothing out there.

There is someone out there for you V. I would stop looking if I was in your position. You cannot see him, nor he you, because YOU ARE LOOKING.

I was dating for a time. Every single one didn't even fit into two of my criteria for my ideal man that I had written when I was 20. My list is still inside my Bible my Mum gifted to me 1996 Christmas. 26 years after writing that list - my dream/ideal/ man exists in my life.

That's just it. I'm not looking. I gave up a while ago and have resigned myself to being single. Possibly for the rest of my life. There is no one anywhere.
  • foster1503
    foster1503 Posts: 391 Member
    Hi all. New to this so be gentle lol
  • Versicolour
    Gentle hugs for both of you.

Hi. Welcome. Etc.

Okay, enough of that. Time for Jo to step in
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Stayed overtime tonight because an idiot colleague booked off w/o informing the powers that be. Also working his shift until Monday, 8 days in a row ;the payoff will be 6 off. Anyway, I was checking inbound shipments for tomorrow, one caught my attention.. "infectious substance affecting humans(2019 novel coronavirus, strain 2019 nCoV/USA) "

There is a virology lab here, we'll be seeing a lot off these shipments, I suspect .
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    nels5850 wrote: »
    Well... I joined eHarmony... Wish me luck guys! Lol 🙈♥️

Good luck. Hope you find a great person. What made you choose that dating site as opposed to another one?

• ec_0109
    ec_0109 Posts: 13 Member

I wish you the best of luck, just keep an eye out for the crazies, those sites are full of them lol
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member

good luck! hope you find someone on there. :)

Today, I got some exercise in. I tried to do 3 squat thrusts an hour. I managed 4 such...not sure if its reps or sets. but I had to stop, cause my muscles where going to give out.
  • nels5850
    nels5850 Posts: 76 Member
    Middle aged German female looking for a companion and someone to call her best friend. I’m an active girl who loves anything outdoors. Whether we go for a walk or a run, I am as happy as ever, my whole body will vibrate with glee! I do sometimes get overly excited when I meet new people and dogs, but when I’m with someone who will take charge of the situation and remain calm, I tend to follow suit. I have another side to me as well, I love to just cozy up with you as we binge watch the latest shows on Netflix or Disney+. Need someone to keep your feet warm? I’m your gal! Some may say that I’m a “stage 5 clinger” but is that really that bad? I just have so much love to give and will want to be around you as much as I can! Really, I’m just the perfect quarantine partner! I give you can excuse to get out if the house and stay active at least twice a day and I’m someone you can count on to be a couch potato with while we stay safe inside! Do I sound like a good match for you? I hope to hear from you soon! Xoxo

-Cola

gwa7mitvp128.jpg

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Middle aged German female looking for a companion and someone to call her best friend. I’m an active girl who loves anything outdoors. Whether we go for a walk or a run, I am as happy as ever, my whole body will vibrate with glee! I do sometimes get overly excited when I meet new people and dogs, but when I’m with someone who will take charge of the situation and remain calm, I tend to follow suit. I have another side to me as well, I love to just cozy up with you as we binge watch the latest shows on Netflix or Disney+. Need someone to keep your feet warm? I’m your gal! Some may say that I’m a “stage 5 clinger” but is that really that bad? I just have so much love to give and will want to be around you as much as I can! Really, I’m just the perfect quarantine partner! I give you can excuse to get out if the house and stay active at least twice a day and I’m someone you can count on to be a couch potato with while we stay safe inside! Do I sound like a good match for you? I hope to hear from you soon! Xoxo

-Cola

gwa7mitvp128.jpg

What a great personal ad! Very, very tempting... :)

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2020

Hi. Welcome. Etc.

>:):D you know me too well. Looks like someone disagrees though 😆

Morning Nadine 😙

• Versicolour

Hi. Welcome. Etc.

Morning Nadine 😙

Good morning Jo! I hope you're feeling better.

I'm used to being disagreed with. I don't even notice 🤷‍♀️
  • nels5850
    nels5850 Posts: 76 Member

-Cola

gwa7mitvp128.jpg

She's up for adoption haha
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Hi. Welcome. Etc.

Morning Nadine 😙

Good morning Jo! I hope you're feeling better.

I'm used to being disagreed with. I don't even notice 🤷‍♀️

Feeling much better lovely, thank you 🤗
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX

-Cola

gwa7mitvp128.jpg

She's up for adoption haha

I would giver serious consideration if she was in my area. She looks like a great dog. I grew up with a female German Shepherd and my last was a Shepherd/Malamute mix. Both were incredible companions.
  • danielisbatman
    danielisbatman Posts: 72 Member
    Just started using the app again whilst I'm stuck inside 😂 feel free to add. 33 UK male
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    A word of advice to all the singles....

obooezj87esc.jpg

Stay safe out there!

I hid her number in the contact list so I couldn't even butt dial her if I tried. ;)