Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unpopular opinions?!

Replies

• LoveyCharLoveyChar Posts: 595Member Member Posts: 595Member Member
    People that claim fasts are not cleansing for body, mind, and soul are ignorant and weak and would not have the will power to do one. I'm not saying this is my opinion; I'm also not saying it isn't. It definitely, however, is an unpopular opinion.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 231,302Member Member Posts: 231,302Member Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Let's see how many people I can annoy while avoiding anything political:

- sweet and meat don't mix
    - IPAs suck
    - aesthetically, architecture has been in freefall for the past 100 years

Totally agree 100% on the first..

I think a sweet potato goes great with steak or chicken

I don't eat sweet potato.. 😁
    But I was thinking more along the lines of syrupy pancakes touching my bacon and eggs 😉
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxXXxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 1,358Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,358Member, Premium Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I don't know how popular this is but apparently alot of people I know drink milk with their dinners.

Milk with dinner is BAD

I love milk, but I 100% agree. As a kid growing up, with dinner we drank water, unsweetened tea, or (probably yikes) diet soda...when I went to friends' homes they often drank big ol' glasses of *milk* with their dinner and the idea of it was gross to me. Even as a milk lover. Ugh.

a bit of blasphemy for a Wisconsinite. Had milk with most meals

Hell, I grew up drinking a gallon of whole milk a day myself
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Posts: 781Member Member Posts: 781Member Member
    Greta Thunberg makes me think of Joan of Arc

A visionary, zealous, challenging authority, supposedly unqualified, a teenager, female.

Joan of Arc did turn the tide of the 100 year war. She was burned at the stake for heresy. Her conviction was later overturned but dead is dead. Five centuries later she was declared a saint.

Based on some things I’ve read I think maybe Joan of arc was not neurotypical.

Idk if this is an unpopular opinion or just a rumination I haven’t heard anyone else express yet.

• TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Posts: 781Member Member Posts: 781Member Member
    Based on some things I’ve read I think maybe Joan of arc was not neurotypical.

Idk if this is an unpopular opinion or just a rumination I haven’t heard anyone else express yet.

Have never heard of the term "neurotypical" before.

This isn't directed at you, just a general grievance. Why is it that for a society who wants to be inclusive of everyone, they keep creating labels, names, acronyms, and other descriptors to willingly segregate themselves?

It’s a term I’ve sometimes seen used to describe people with asperger syndrome and/or autism by those people themselves. I use it here to be respectful

Eta. Sorry, correction: used to differentiate themselves from those without aspergers/autism
    edited January 24
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 231,302Member Member Posts: 231,302Member Member

- IPAs suck

But I was thinking more along the lines of syrupy pancakes touching my bacon and eggs 😉

You ever try fried chicken strips with waffles and dip the chicken strips in the syrup? 🤤

:o nooo
    I've only had waffles once that I remember, they were frozen and you toast them.
    gboe7fdw7tf5.jpg
    I put butter and honey on them.

- IPAs suck

You ever try fried chicken strips with waffles and dip the chicken strips in the syrup? 🤤

I've only had waffles once that I remember, they were frozen and you toast them.
    gboe7fdw7tf5.jpg

Hmm 🤔

Fresh prepared is def bettah. I promise fried chicken strips dipped in syrup, or even honey, is delicious

I just can't imagine.. what kind of syrup?
  • carabladescarablades Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    Unpopular opinion..
    dieting is amazing and makes me feel alive. ( it’s the hunger)

- IPAs suck

gboe7fdw7tf5.jpg

Hmm 🤔

Fresh prepared is def bettah. I promise fried chicken strips dipped in syrup, or even honey, is delicious

I just can't imagine.. what kind of syrup?

Same maple syrup as for the waffles

Oh, .. syrup usually means golden syrup here.

Better get back on track 😁

Old style Country and western music all sounds the same to me, nasally and always lamenting lost love.. cant stand it.
  • carabladescarablades Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    What you need is some delicious New England maple syrup.. it costs a bit more but if you allow it to melt with an olive oil based “butter” you’re face will explode from the yummyness ! 🤯
  • JRE_Momof3JRE_Momof3 Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    I have never seen Game of Thrones and I dont want to. Also didnt like The Walking Dead
  • SwannySezSwannySez Posts: 5,852Member Member Posts: 5,852Member Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I have never seen Game of Thrones and I dont want to. Also didnt like The Walking Dead

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29060a46a8844cad48db6f3aedc9f93093b0d21296&rid=giphy.gif
  • 13bbird1313bbird13 Posts: 421Member Member Posts: 421Member Member
    [/quote]But I was thinking more along the lines of syrupy pancakes touching my bacon and eggs 😉 [/quote]

It's okay if syrup touches the bacon. Other than that, I want one of those old-time picnic plates that have walls between the sections to keep unauthorized food from fraternizing.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 16,136Member Member Posts: 16,136Member Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    [[ Also didnt like The Walking Dead

giphy.gif