Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Unpopular opinions?!

Replies

• MarvinsAMartianMarvinsAMartian Posts: 233Member Member Posts: 233Member Member
    - having kids is overrated
    - being a parent isn't a job
  • AmyMummyTummy2AmyMummyTummy2 Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    - Avocados should be made illegal 🤮

@MarvinsAMartian although I sort of agree with your post, kids arnt for everyone and being a parent isnt a job as such, it's more a life choice. I have 2 young children and being the only the person they entirely depend on is the best feeling in the world.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Posts: 7,085Member Member Posts: 7,085Member Member
    - having kids is overrated
    - being a parent isn't a job

Well, yes, sorta. I mean, I don't get monetary compensation for raising a child. It's work and dedication, kinda like a hobby. It's only a job if other people are paying you to watch their kids while you watch your own.

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 10,662Member, Premium Member Posts: 10,662Member, Premium Member
    Your DNA lives on in your children, grandchildren, etc.
    I never thought that much about it until I passed 50.
    I can’t imagine how lonely and empty I would feel knowing when I die my DNA ended with me.
    Hard to explain.
    I nag all the young people I know that are childless. 🤭
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 368Member Member Posts: 368Member Member
    Coffee is nasty burnt stuff.
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 9,283Member Member Posts: 9,283Member Member
    I can’t imagine how lonely and empty I would feel knowing when I die my DNA ended with me.
    Hard to explain.

And in truth... It's a lot more than just your DNA that lives in them...

I watched this crazy episode of through the Wormhole on whether or not there is an after life... They make the argument rather scientifically that you live on in everything that you do really...

They used a mosaic created by a woman who had recently passed away... Her husband who was a scientist explained how whenever he looked at it, he can literally feel her inside him... A part of it reaches out and touches you... A part of her...

It blew me away
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Posts: 1,149Member Member Posts: 1,149Member Member
    ^
    I know some elders aren’t coming from a bad place, they’re just trying to be funny, and it’s not that deep...however in some cases ( not talking about you in particular but for discussion sake) when they make comments like that, (over and over again) it just so evident that they are putting up a front, especially when they start making up irrational excuses like the DNA thing you mentioned ( only because I can’t think of another example at the moment). Having a kid is life changing. If people feel like they can’t provide the best life for a child or it’s just not for them do you think it’s a wise idea that they push out a kid just so that their DNA could go on... 🥴 the things they come up with.

Sometimes it comes off as if they are projecting, it’s a defense mechanism to cope with whatever feelings they are actually feeling...maybe regrets on how their life turned out? They didn’t get to live out their youth to the fullest? feelings of loneliness from being an empty nester and kids paying them no mind?

These are usually the same elders who go online to flirt with other men/women... while being married ...yet they swear up and down they are happy and not lonely.

• Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 8,505Member Member Posts: 8,505Member Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Hard to explain.

Damn.....i am killing my bloodline. Its for the best im pretty sure.....

same
    I've never wanted kids, and used to think there was something "wrong" with me for that
    ...maybe it's evolution? Damaged DNA? Selfishness? (yes, 100%)

But someone on here once said "I'm not special" (meaning they) and that made a lot of sense to me! It was comforting to me.
    An individuals "bloodline" doesn't need to carry on...we (as individuals) aren't that special

reality check people!
    edited February 18
  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 4,200Member Member Posts: 4,200Member Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Hard to explain.

same
    I've never wanted kids, and used to think there was something "wrong" with me for that

But someone on her once said "I'm not special" (meaning they) and that made a lot of sense to me! It was comforting to me.
    An individuals "bloodline" doesn't need to carry on...we (as individuals) aren't that special

reality check people!

okay but if anyone says to u “dOnT yOu wAnT kIdS???” just be like deadpan
    “T h i s L e g a c y D i e s W i t h M e”

I almost wish I were still of child bearing age so I could use that but I'd be way more dramatic when saying it. :)
    edited February 18
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 8,505Member Member Posts: 8,505Member Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Hard to explain.

same

But someone on her once said "I'm not special" (meaning they) and that made a lot of sense to me! It was comforting to me.

reality check people!

okay but if anyone says to u “dOnT yOu wAnT kIdS???” just be like deadpan
    “T h i s L e g a c y D i e s W i t h M e”

Perfect!!:heart: Thanks Lady❣❣❣
    I wonder sometimes, its a "guilt" feeling somewhat that I don't, and ...(to be continued at a further date!)

Anyways props to all the parents who love/like/endure parenting (and/or try to)...admire your efforts ❣❣
  • wwwtheselion11wwwtheselion11 Posts: 75Member Member Posts: 75Member Member
    Where's boys to men ,are they men yet?
    Coffee is gross.
    Also, wine is just meh.

AGREE. hate coffee and I'm way more of a spirit drinker!

Black coffee
    Wtf is a spirit drinker?
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Posts: 1,149Member Member Posts: 1,149Member Member
    Where's boys to men ,are they men yet?

!!! Did you not watch the Grammys a couple weeks ago???