Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,916 Member
    edited June 2019
    ashrymom wrote: »
    I am part of this group from the beginning. The problem is that we have sent over 40 invites and people don't respond or they do and never post. We are down to two dedicated people who post every day.
    I will send out a few more invites right now for the most recent people.
    But please only join if you intend to post on an almost daily basis.
    The group is what has kept me going and not quitting like I have so many times in the past

Would you please add me too? I am 66 years old and have lost 40 pounds since I retired a couple of years ago, and need to lose about 75 more pounds. Even 50 would be great. I would like to try this group. Thanks!
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    ashrymom wrote: »
    I am part of this group from the beginning. The problem is that we have sent over 40 invites and people don't respond or they do and never post. We are down to two dedicated people who post every day.
    I will send out a few more invites right now for the most recent people.
    But please only join if you intend to post on an almost daily basis.
    The group is what has kept me going and not quitting like I have so many times in the past

Would you please add me too? I prefer the website to the app so I am here a lot. Thank you!
  • 2sexy41
    2sexy41 Posts: 9 Member
    Please add me
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    I'd love to join. I'm Maggie
  • myrockstar2740
    myrockstar2740 Posts: 41 Member
    please add me. I tried awhile back as well.
  • ThePaperGirl2017
    ThePaperGirl2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me. My name is Amy. I am 42 and starting down the peri-menopausal road. Weight is spiraling out of control while I try to control it.
  • judyc58
    judyc58 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join! I am 60 and need to lose about 85 lbs. I am just starting, also this is s my first time on Fitness Pal. Please add me!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Good morning ladies! It's a beautiful Sunday morning and I'm heading to work. I hope you all have a fantastic day! Any fun plans? Fun foods you plan on having today?
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Happy Sunday!! I'm new to mfp! Feel free to add me! My name is Marie! I'm 56 years old and I have 112lbs to lose.
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I would like to join in, as well. My name is Jen. I am 47 years old. I don't have a support system IRL, so I would love to give & get some support here!
  • pmortonthomas
    pmortonthomas Posts: 4 Member
    I'm interested. 23 lbs down 100 plus lbs to go. Seems impossible...
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,916 Member
    I'm not getting an invitation to join for some reason. Deja vu of when I always got picked last for Red Rover when I was a kid.
  • mmstoeckle
    Tolamarie, I didn't get one either. I'm a bit disappointed as I am reliable and serious about loss. I'm feeling the Red Rover too.
  • mmstoeckle
    Tarzan37 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the OP has been around for awhile? I'd be interested in a group like this if anyone else knows how to start a group!

I'm going to start a group. It looks like there is interest.
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    @ashrymom, I'm new to mfp! Would like to join new group!! I'm 56 and have 112lbs to lose. Plan to log in daily and will comment. I'm alone and trying to do this by myself and have found it is very discouraging that way. Sharing with others will be helpful for me too.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    mmstoeckle wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the OP has been around for awhile? I'd be interested in a group like this if anyone else knows how to start a group!

Did you start a new group? If so, what'd you name it?
  • mmstoeckle
    Marjael wrote: »
    mmstoeckle wrote: »

Did you start a new group? If so, what'd you name it?

I did. It's called Intentional Changes: Women over 40 with 60+ to lose. I'll send you an invite.
  • ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    Just a note...when you are added to a group...you have to accept the invitation. I sent out a few more on the weekend.
  • dshugrue
    dshugrue Posts: 1 Member
    I'd like to join in on this group! I'm late to the party but, better late then never, right? 😁
  • jkelley1411
    jkelley1411 Posts: 2 Member
    Me please!