“But there aren’t any calories in sour cream.”

Replies

• soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    I once wrote on this forum that one of the reasons we don't walk enough is that we all own cats. :o:D;)

:D that would definitely apply to my hubby, our cat Max insists on following him on his walk, which is dangerous of course, so we have to carry him home. Never follows me though hmphf. :|
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I once wrote on this forum that one of the reasons we don't walk enough is that we all own cats. :o:D;)

I'm thinking about getting my cats a stroller :blush:
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member

Omg, this is such a good idea. I'm going to have to see if my cat will go for something like this (like one of those covered strollers with mesh) so she doesn't have to be leashed. I fear for her on just a leash because of the doggies.

Edit: Cat strollers are totally a thing. Omg.

I know right?! They're such a good idea and totally safe.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member

Omg, this is such a good idea. I'm going to have to see if my cat will go for something like this (like one of those covered strollers with mesh) so she doesn't have to be leashed. I fear for her on just a leash because of the doggies.

I have seen a man on the trail with a cat in a stroller. He let it out at one point, the cat ran around in the woods for a few minutes than ran back to the stoller. It was amazing!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member

Our remaining cat gets outside time since we replaced our backyard fence. We just open up the back door and out she goes (she's declawed in front, her tendency to lash out wasn't safe when we had a baby in the house). She likes to hang out and watch the squirrels have a hissy fit over her being there.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    shunggie wrote: »

I have seen a man on the trail with a cat in a stroller. He let it out at one point, the cat ran around in the woods for a few minutes than ran back to the stoller. It was amazing!

I probably wouldn't let my cat out for fear of other creatures, but she is totally a coward and would do this. One time she got outside while we were talking to a vendor at the door, and she immediately ran back in after realizing she didn't know what to do now that she was outside, lol.
  • RelCanonical
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

Our remaining cat gets outside time since we replaced our backyard fence. We just open up the back door and out she goes (she's declawed in front, her tendency to lash out wasn't safe when we had a baby in the house). She likes to hang out and watch the squirrels have a hissy fit over her being there.
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

I was thinking of doing this with my cat since I have a fenced in backyard too, but she managed to figure out how to jump on the shed to get on top of the fence. Scared the crap out of me.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    I have a screened in porch, and while my cats are indoor only they were allowed on the porch. Zora (the trouble maker) would push on the screen until one day she pushed it hard enough to break through. We were not on the porch but heard her scream from upstairs. All she did was sit on the ground, right where she fell (about a foot) and howl like she had been abandoned in the middle of the desert instead of the flowerbed a foot away from the house. She's a chicken. She did go out with the dogs last week when they went to potty but she turned right around after she got to the edge of the patio. My other cat spent the first six months of her life on the street, she doesn't even try to get out. She's 14 now and hasn't been out except for occasional vet visits.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

:D that would definitely apply to my hubby, our cat Max insists on following him on his walk, which is dangerous of course, so we have to carry him home. Never follows me though hmphf. :|

My younger cat used to like to go on walks when we had the older dog who has since passed. He even tolerated the harness and leash. He doesn't like going now that we have a younger dog who goes faster. That's the only time he's gone outside except for the one time he dashed out the door when it was raining. He apparently doesn't like getting wet since he never did it again.
  • RelCanonical
    Anyone else find it hard not to share everything you know about calories? I just saw a coworker that I know is trying to lose weight cut up 2 GIANT avocados into her salad, I wanted so badly to tell her that those 2 avo's were adding probably around 400-600 calories to her salad. BUT she didn't ask and it is none of my business! So many people think well it's healthy so I can eat as much as I want!

Holy cow that's a lotta avocado. I seriously eat 1/4 of a large avocado (about 60g) in a salad or on tacos and that's plenty. Sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue, and let them make their mistakes. It's honestly easier for me to just learn privately from my own mistakes rather than have someone tell me I'm doing it wrong. I have a fragile ego, lol.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Anyone else find it hard not to share everything you know about calories? I just saw a coworker that I know is trying to lose weight cut up 2 GIANT avocados into her salad, I wanted so badly to tell her that those 2 avo's were adding probably around 400-600 calories to her salad. BUT she didn't ask and it is none of my business! So many people think well it's healthy so I can eat as much as I want!

Holy cow that's a lotta avocado. I seriously eat 1/4 of a large avocado (about 60g) in a salad or on tacos and that's plenty. Sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue, and let them make their mistakes. It's honestly easier for me to just learn privately from my own mistakes rather than have someone tell me I'm doing it wrong. I have a fragile ego, lol.

Yes I'm the same so I didn't say anything! Even people who have shown interest in calorie counting I don't ever talk about how many calories are in their food LOL!
  • RelCanonical

Yes I'm the same so I didn't say anything! Even people who have shown interest in calorie counting I don't ever talk about how many calories are in their food LOL!

Omg yes, I have to avoid talking about it with my mother because she's frustrated with her lack of weight loss but pounds down nuts and seeds like they're going out of style. I can't tell her just how many calories she's consuming because in the past she was all "but they keep me full!" and yeah, they do help with appetite, but the reason why she's probably so full on them is because she eats so many!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member

I know people who are doing keto who eat at least a whole avocado a day, if not more. Those calories would completely throw off my plan. Then again they said they were doing "clean" keto, so... there's another thing I didn't know existed. But yeah, sometimes it's hard to keep my mouth shut!

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I can actually walk my cat! (Sort of). She tolerates a harness and a leash well, so I can stick her in one, and let her walk around. I took her to the vet once, and it was easier to stick her in a harness and leash then it was to put her in her carrier. (She would not let me stick her in that carrier, no matter what I tried.) The vet was impressed, lol!

One of my cats acts like he wants to go outside, and I'd let him on the back porch with a harness and leash, so bought them to try it out. If I put the harness on him he immediately collapses on the floor, acts as if he cannot walk, and cries as if he is being tortured. Ah well.

I was totally expecting this reaction out of my cat. She kept screaming to get out, and trying to dart out on me. I already had a cat sized harness and leash from when my other dog was a tiny puppy. Now, I can't direct her where to go without picking her up,(she'll make me drag her otherwise, lol) but she will just wander around with it attached. It's so weird. Also, the leash makes for a super fun toy she loves to chase.

TBT: I eventually got tired of fighting her on this though, and just let her out now. I suspect she must have been in indoor/outdoor cat before we got her. She goes out to potty with the dogs every time they go, and usually comes back in when they do. This is of course after I bought her this self cleaning litter box because she's so picky about how clean it is. Silly thing.