LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Alrighty, I started tracking Sunday and it's been going ok so far.
    Sunday was ROUGH though b/c I had a really high calorie salad for lunch that did not carry over to dinner well. I felt like I was starving so just kept eating. I ended up having over 2k calories and still wanted more more more.
    Stupid salad dressing and high calorie pimento cheese!

Monday went much much better though. Actually ate satisfying foods and even made myself some keto friendly muffins and still came in around 1200-1300 calories.

BUT I've been feeling so off the last few days.

I had WAY too much alcohol Friday night (and ended up throwing it all up b/c I ate too much too quick and just... none of it was staying down lol). Ended up with just a slight hangover Saturday morning, but that was it. But since then, Sunday, Monday and this morning I've felt like I've had a hangover. Slightly dizzy and nauseated.
    This morning I could put it off to horrible sleep (my 3yo slept with us b/c of a thunderstorm and he kicked me all night long)... so that could explain why I feel like hell, but the other 2 mornings are a mystery. I dunno... it doesn't feel like I'm getting sick... I just feel... bad.

Anywho, going to try to get to bed early tonight. I reeeeaaaallly need the sleep.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh dear.....you have had it rough.....sure hope you start feeling better soon!!! Hope your seep is restful.....Hugs..... <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Oh yuckkkkkkkkkk hangovers are LITERALLY my least fave thing EVER - I keep my drinking very few and far between nowadays because once I hit my 30s, BAM! No more drinking for you woman!!! LMAO

Hope it goes away boo!! Glad the food is back on track for ya :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall.
    I ended up going to bed about an hour early last night.
    Still woke up feeling tired and I got nauseous again. Broke fast early and feeling normal. Still tired though.
    Thinking MAYBE it's my metformin causing the nausea. I'm not sure why it would suddenly be causing me problems, but going to test it out. See if I still feel sick in the morning not taking it at my usual time and waiting to take it a little later. Or maybe it's time for me to reduce the dose I take. I dunno, but it's something I can try.

Calories yesterday were around 1600. Salad dressings man. SO many calories for such a small amount. BOOOOO!

• LiLee2018
    I think it is my metformin that is causing issues. MAYBE.
    I delayed taking it today until I ate. Felt fine before taking it, but after taking it, started feeling that same weird hangover feeling.
    I think I'm going to cut back my dose. I dunno why it would suddenly be causing me some issues. DH mentioned that it could possibly cause low blood sugar which definitely could be going on, so I think cutting back my dose is the right move.
    Guess I'll see what happens. I'm going to skip my morning dose and just take the one at night.

Calories yesterday were around 1400-1500 and the same for today.. maybe a little less? I made some keto chicken tenders so I just guessed how much of everything that I ate.
    They came out good though! DH didn't really like them b/c he said he could taste the coconut oil, but I couldn't at all... and I HATE coconut so I would've definitely spoken up if I tasted it lol.
    Think I'll try doing a pork rind crust next and see which one I like best.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I used to do pork rind chicken tenders allllllllllll the time when I was doing low carb - one of my faves!!! :)
  • LiLee2018
    Alright, so feeling somewhat better right now.
    Since I wasn't really fasting fasting before, maybe doing it now (although it's still not a clean fast since I have a monster in the morning, but I usually only drink half the bottle before breaking fast) is causing blood sugar issues.
    Really wish I had a blood glucose monitor right about now. Hell, wish I had a GP right about now so I could get one and get tests done to get some real answers.

Anyway.. so... weight this morning was 183.6 which is a 2.6lb loss since the last time I weighed myself which was about a week and a half ago.
    That brings my total weight lost back up to 40lbs. Now to just get 20 more off to get back to my highest total lost, and then beyond!
    Woot! I got this! :)

calories yesterday were around 1500. Not quite sure since I had to guess how much I had of everything.
    Broke fast early today. Just felt like I needed to with everything going on with my body right now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    You DO got this boo!!! 2.6 in 10 days is AWESOME!!!!!

Glad you're starting to feel back to normal!!! Even though monster technically eliminates a "clean fast" I still have one EVERY GD DAY!!! As long as it's sugar free it shouldn't pull you out of fasting anyway :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    2.6 pounds in a week and a half is awesome like Steph said. The weight will continue to come off with consistency. You are doing great. I am not sure where you live, but you may be able to get a glucose monitor from Walmart or Amazon. Amazon has the Keto Mojo tester (which tests ketone and glucose levels) for $50. You definitely want to find out what is going on because if you can reduce the Metformin, that would be great.
  • volgirl1322
    That is an incredible loss girl!!!! WOW super impressed!!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks everyone!

I did cheat over the weekend though. Friday I did have sort of a good excuse? I wanted to see if eating higher carb might make me feel better. I still wasn't feeling 100% and if this was somehow low blood sugar related, maybe eatin higher carb stuff would help. I also chugged down 3 SF powerades.
    Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were all almost normal keto days though.
    I also had some alcohol on Friday and Sat.

And... I feel better now. I dunno if it was low blood sugar, or maybe some weird keto-flu/electrolyte thing or medication related or what.
    I have dropped my morning metformin dose and the one before bed has been fine. No weird sick feeling after taking it thankfully.

/shrugs

So yeah... now I'm battling the carb and alcohol bloat, but I know it will come back off.
    I've been a bit slack with tracking since Friday, but shouldn't have been too far off my calorie goals. Maybe having 2k at the most since I did have some late night coffees w/ heavy cream in them.

And speaking of coffee... sorta. My poops have been.... absent lately. Like yesterday was the first time I had gone in FOUR flippin days, but funny enough, I really didn't feel bloated.
    It's the reason why I had the coffees to begin with b/c I thought it might help to get things moving along, but nope.
    I guess now that I don't have a daily coffee to erm.. flush things out quicker, my body is actually taking its time to digest lol.

I feel normal now though other than being tired. My right knee has been bothering the F out of me for a few weeks and the pain in it wakes me at night so I haven't been sleeping that great b/c it wakes me at night.
  • mistymeadows2005
    SO GLAD you're back to feeling bettterrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Now you can do your thing without distractions <3
  • volgirl1322
    Super happy that you are feeling better.......you got this....hope your knee feels better!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall!

Still tired, but still feeling ok thankfully :)
    So ok that I actually wanted to exercise before breaking my fast today. /GASP!!!!!!
    Like... I dunno... just got this feeling like I should do something, which is pretty normal for me TBH, but the not so normal part is that I actually got up and DID SOMETHING lol.
    Not saying that will continue but I hope so b/c that's the part I struggle with the most when it comes to exercising.

At first I only did 15min on the eliptical. Slow and then really pushing myself for about 50+ "paces" on the eliptical. Not quite HIIT but it was pushing myself to do more than just keeping it slow and steady.
    Sat down for a bit and then just.... wanted to do more. Felt like I needed to do more. I didn't want to hurt myself or anything so I grabbed my 5lb weights and did some tricep and bicep curls. Have them by my chair so I can just grab them during the day and do more if I feel like it. Will it happen? I dunno but there they are lol.
    I also hopped back on the eliptical and started off on the highest resistance. Like walking up a hill while you're knee deep in quicksand. I brought the resistance down a step until I got to around the middle (highest is 12, I got to about a 7) before quitting. Really felt it burning in my thighs.

Thankfully my knee pain is mostly when I'm sitting and it's bent at that angle so walking and doing eliptical doesn't bother it. Not all the time, but that's normally the angle it's at when it starts.

OH and I almost forgot, I also did squats! I was sitting after I did my curls and just... decided to do some squats too. I can't go deep with them so I used the chair to help me. As soon as I felt my legs touch the chair I came back up. Think I did 20 of them.

So yeah.... I dunno WTH got in me, but I'm glad it did. I do like the feeling I get after working out, it's just... getting myself to do something and pushing myself to do enough. I think I achieved that today!
    I probably could've done more, but didn't want to push myself to the point of being too sore to do anything else for a few days.
  • mistymeadows2005
    GIRL YES!!!!! That's already WAY more than I've been goin' so KEEP IT UP!!! SUPER PROUD of you <3
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome!!!!! Way to go......once you get into a routine,......you wil do great.......

Super proud!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks!

I wish I could report on doing that much today but I'm in mombie mode right now.
    Had 2 kids sneak in and crawl in to bed last night and trying to get comfortable with kids kicking me and my knee acting up. I lost about 2-3hrs of sleep.
    I'm SO damn tired right now.

I did do something though. I got back on the eliptical today and pushed myself a bit harder. Started off at the highest resistance of 12 and did 50 paces at each resistance down to a 2. The paces is counted by the rotation of one of the erm.. step things on the eliptical. And once the resistance got to be easier, I tried doing them in a certain amount of time (like before a part in the video ended) and things like that.
    I got a really good sweat going and I think I got a decent little workout in.
    I wanted to do more, but sitting afterwards while helping my daughter with her schoolwork, the little bit of energy I had just drained and I started feeling a bit.. dizzy (I'm fine now, just tired).
    I'm so flipping tired though.
    It's that weird phase where you're so tired, but if you laid down, you wouldn't fall asleep. You'd just lay there exhausted and 'wide awake'.

OMADing might start happening sooner than expected too. Some days, I'm finding myself just not really that hungry when I break my fast, but I eat out of habit.
    If I remember, maybe days like that, I can try to OMAD or at least push back when I eat just a little.
    I dunno. How I felt the other week is still on my mind so I don't want to push it too much in case that was related to fasting.
    Will just see how things go :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Great work babe!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!! So fab :)
  • volgirl1322
    Great workout......When you can do the little challenges like that, to a song, or video, or whatever that is cool, becuase it isn't that long.....not like you have to do it for 30 minutes straight. And some studies actually say pushing yourself in the HIIT workouts really do more for you than a longer workout.......

Super awesome!!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    That's really encouraging actually. Makes me feel a bit better about not going longer. I just can't with cardio. It's so boring, BUT doing the little bursts of energy here and there does make it go by a little better. Not faster, but better lol.

No exercise today though!
    Old dog pooped on the floor. I also had to try to clean out and fix (I didn't) my carpet cleaner before cleaning the spot up and by the time I was done with it all, I didn't feel like it anymore.
    I was planning on it though. Nothing hard though. Just take it easy, but meh. I'll just keep it as a rest day.

I could definitely use it. My sleep was once again HORRIBLE. I was tired all day long, but as soon as I laid down, I woke up more AND my melatonin didnt really work. I tossed and turned all night long.
    I'm surprisingly not as tired today (still tired though), but I can tell I'm lacking sleep b/c EVERYTHING is getting on my last nerve. I had myself a little cuss out fest at the sink full of dishes. Seriously though..... F dishes!