Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    My all time favorite is "I am seeing less and less of you every time I see you".

Other favorites that catch me off guard:

"You're so skinny" always cracks me up. I am like, no one has EVER called me skinny!!

"Did you have surgery to lose weight?" I am not knocking anyone who has it done. I personally would love to have it done. But, I haven't. It's kind of like they can't believe I can lose weight on my own.

"I sure hope you can lose the rest of the weight, you would be such a pretty girl" Well, thank you, I didn't know losing weight would make me pretty.

"You look so good" Was I not looking so good 54 pounds ago??

People can say such hurtful things not thinking about what it does to someone mentally. One day my dad told me I wouldn't be able to fit in one of the kitchen chairs if I didn't start losing weight. I know he thought he was helping. But, that comment kind of damaged me. My mom barely had food in the house because she didn't want me to eat much.

You are right. I am sorry to hear such rude things. I don't think anyone that has said these things would want to hear those things themselves. I am sure you have always been beautiful!!
  • salleewins
    I went to a football game about two weeks ago and got multiple off handed comments about my weight from my best friends aunt (who I had not seen in like 6 months) but the one that stuck with me the most is "keep up the good work you're almost getting back to those beautiful pictures of your face that I used to see on my nieces Facebook".

The only thing that did for me was solidify that, although I lost 50 pounds, I don't look good enough yet to society to be acceptable.

Yeah your Aunt has an issue with her sight. Unfriending sounds good....?
  • salleewins
    al0481113 wrote: »
    The sale girl at the store said that they didn't have anything for skeletons. Oh, well.....

Well that is a first for me to hear. Regrettably it probably won't be the last to hear this. People can be so jealous, too.
  • salleewins
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    salleewins wrote: »
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    I've had some nice comments at work. "You are doing great." "You are looking great." One girl said, "When I get my act together and want to lose this weight, I'm going to talk to you about your plan. It is working so well."

Isn't this one nice??

@salleewins

Not sure if you were being sarcastic with "Isn't this one nice??"
    If so, this was said to me by someone who has been very proud of me and a supporter. Please don't turn the "You are looking great" around to something else. She knows she needs to lose a few lbs but isn't in the right frame of mind/timing right now and is saying she wants my help when she is. It was said as a compliment to my willpower and dedication, turning down goodies at work and all.

No it wasn't sarcastic at all. It is once again refreshing to hear something nice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!