Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

My setbacks were major, but so is my comeback ✊🏽 An honest story of losing 130 pounds.

Replies

• snickerscharliesnickerscharlie Posts: 8,177Member Member Posts: 8,177Member Member
    Well done and well said!
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Posts: 1,333Member Member Posts: 1,333Member Member
    Congratulations, beautiful young lady!
    [edited by MFP mods]
    edited April 5
  • FiveptsFivepts Posts: 688Member Member Posts: 688Member Member
    Hi! Great to hear your story. You are a beautiful person. Congratulations on your endurance.
  • AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 991Member Member Posts: 991Member Member
    Great Story!!!!!
  • YadaYadaYada64YadaYadaYada64 Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    So much accomplished at such a young age! Congrats on acquiring the tools to help you live s fulfilling and fun life!
  • Nanalove2018Nanalove2018 Posts: 263Member, Premium Member Posts: 263Member, Premium Member
    You look great girl did you eat the same way and just kept within your calories and I love your story i have high blood pressure and I am pre diabetic

Yes I did 😊 and at first I low carbed it. Not keto but less than 100
    edited April 3
  • Nanalove2018Nanalove2018 Posts: 263Member, Premium Member Posts: 263Member, Premium Member
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    How could someone so young be so sage. :)
    What an inspiring story. Congratulations on your transformation, mind, body and soul and beautiful in all 3.

Thank you lots 💖🤗
    Well done and well said!

Thanks!!!🤗
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Hi! Great to hear your story. You are a beautiful person. Congratulations on your endurance.

💖💖🤗🤗 thanks for the support
    Great Story!!!!!

💖😊💕
    So much accomplished at such a young age! Congrats on acquiring the tools to help you live s fulfilling and fun life!

Awe shucks, thanks 💖
  • whmscllwhmscll Posts: 2,124Member Member Posts: 2,124Member Member
    You are so pretty, starting with the very first picture you posted. Congrats on taking control of your own life and health early, you have so much ahead of you. Your story is inspiring.
  • efrensgirl2015efrensgirl2015 Posts: 481Member Member Posts: 481Member Member
    You are so beautiful!
  • regiromregirom Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    Thank you ! I needed to hear this today. Your story is a true inspiration ! Congratulations !
  • KeladelphiaKeladelphia Posts: 806Member Member Posts: 806Member Member
    Truly impressive transformation! It's so great you decided to take your health into your own hands at a young age instead of waiting close to 30 years like I did. Wishing you best of luck keeping those healthy habits in the future :)
  • brenn24179brenn24179 Posts: 1,718Member Member Posts: 1,718Member Member
    Keep reporting to us, you look great !
    [edited by MFP mods]
    edited April 5
  • Lukdbestucan16Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    January 19th, I stepped on the scale at 19 years old and saw that I was a whopping 301.2 pounds. It was one of the most eye opening days of my life. How could someone so young got to be so unhealthy? This is not just because of my extreme obesity but my mental state, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and being pre diabetic.

That day I chose to change my life around. Through calorie counting and exercising, I managed to finally lose over 130 pounds in college.

This is not to say that my setbacks were not major. You had a cheat day or weekend? I had cheat months! You gained some weight back? So did I plus tax lol. As a result, I started to develope unhealthy obsessions and behaviors in order to insure I didnt gain the weight back. Thankfully, I put a stop to those habits 6 months ago. The journey was not always a high one. However, it was one worth going through.

After weight loss, I soon realized that it does not fix everything. As I said in a post before, weight loss exposes the cracks of things that were already broken. Therefore, I chased after guys, tried to please everyone, wanted external validation, lost friends, got side eyes from family members, and most importantly I started to beat up and correct myself over the simplest things.

I thought love came after weight loss but that is not the truth. I urge anyone who is on this journey to do it for YOU not pressures from anyone else. You are beautiful now and anyone who can not see that should be dropped faster than the weight.

For me, I have learned a lot since I first stepped on the scale. Not just about people but myself. I realized I had emptied my own cup trying to fill everyone else's. I realized that it was never about perfection but about progression. After dealing with an anxiety and depressed filled 2018, I decided to take strides towards creating my own little self love movement. I do not wish to push my message on anyone but I hope this helped you in some way.
    301.2-->168 pounds

Have a great day 💕

"Your setbacks were major, but so will be your comeback
    rkgo2gj8h39a.jpg

dx99jzvb1tg4.jpg

t6ctkg4bgkz0.jpg

rz6ddnqxdao7.jpg

dcdu7axfjkta.jpg

[edited by MFP mods]

Wow. Good job
    edited April 5
  • christinedlg50christinedlg50 Posts: 137Member Member Posts: 137Member Member
    Bravo!!! What an inspiration! Self love and Self care are the foundation. How you got there was a journey. Sharing that journey is important!
    edited April 5
  • waitingformyrucawaitingformyruca Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Talk about a glow up, you look stunning !!!!
  • texasredrebtexasredreb Posts: 541Member, Premium Member Posts: 541Member, Premium Member
    I'm decades older than you, but you are very inspiring! Kudos on your transformation: mind, body, and spirit!!