Monthly Post April 2019

13»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,950 Member
    Hey all!

I see you posted at the same time as me yesterday, Mama!
    Hope your dog is feeling better. Poor thing lol.
    Enjoy the Whole Foods site! So many yummy recipes on there.

Hope your weekends are going well!
    See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Dog is just fine now thx meg... they don’t complain the way we do!!

Happy Easter my 5:2 pals

Back on the wagon on tues!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

We are cranking through April, aren't we?!

We had a little Easter celebration on Saturday with my guy's parents. They just got back from a month long trip, so it was nice to see them and catch up. Also his Mom is a fabulous cook! She made a really nice fish with potatoes. Fresh PEI mussels for an appetizer. Yum. We love seafood everything, so we were in heaven!

Plugging along and will be eating a lighter day today and Thursday. Can't say I am totally focused on 5:2 at least until I get back from vacation. Focusing on eating the food that is in the fridge and freezer so things don't sit around for too long.

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • vkmoorthy
    vkmoorthy Posts: 64 Member
    My first fast day today. I am going to eat only dinner. Hoping that I can last that long
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    Hi All
    I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. My little guy is 3 so we had a fun filled family weekend.
    Yesterday was my fasting day and by the time I got home last night it was 730 so had a piece of rye toast with avocado with everything but the bagel seasoning. Had a frozen dinner for lunch. Ended the day with 515 cals.
    Have a great day :smile:
  • Meghan509
    vkmoorthy wrote: »
    My first fast day today. I am going to eat only dinner. Hoping that I can last that long

Welcome @vkmoorthy
    The goal is to do 500 calories for the day for a woman or 600 calories for the day for a man. So you don't have to wait until dinner to eat. Eat whatever and whenever you want during your Light Day as long as it meets your calorie goal.
    Note, that the limits were updated to 800 calories, in the past few years or so but a lot of people do the lower amount or what works best for them.
    Be sure to read up on all the great information on here regarding the Fast Diet or the 5:2 Diet. Good luck!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

@ashleyantonation great job on your day! That avocado on toast sounds awesome! Need to try it. I LOVE that seasoning! I put it on veggies recently. So good!
    On regular days I am known to enjoy a frozen blueberry waffle, toasted with a little peanut or nut butter on it. Makes a nice fulfilling breakfast and it is not a huge calorie bang. :)

Going to run since I am busy today. Speak to you later or soon! Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Hi All,

Hope things are good with you! Doing well here.

Work is kinda busy, but a busy day means the week goes by quicker! Looking forward to the weekend! Sunny and warm here, which is nice. Due to be in the low 60's F and sunny most of the week. I likey!!

Eating is going so so. Today we had a breakfast at work, so baked goods were involved ;) but I am planning on eating well for the rest of the day. I bought a new bathing suit and cover up for our vacation, so I am excited about that. The suit is a tankini with a slightly flowy top. Helps to cover up the bumps around the tummy area. :smiley:

Hope everybody is good. See you all soon. Have a great day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Woohoo gotta love any clothing that covers all the bumps! Haha... you’ll look fabulous Meg!

Wow what an Easter extravaganza! Way too much food! But I gave out care pkgs to the fam so they were all happy. Time to make soup now!

Welcome @vkmoorthy !! How did your day go? Lots of plain tea/coffee/water can help! I like at least a glass of almond milk (30cals) by 2pm! Or even 3 or 4 oz of cottage cheese during the day.

Awesome job @ashleyantonation ! You’re inspiring! I miss my kids being little!!! Mine are 25&22!! I used to make a bunny foot template out of cardboard, sprinkle baking soda to make foot prints all around the house & outside to & from the neighbors!! Quite hilarious, only doable at age 3&4! Ha!

Feeling a tad lazy so far today but have ton of chores to keep me moving!! Plan on a fast day today!! Crossed fingers!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    @vkmoorthy I hope you did well! I have to have a small lunch and then dinner. Otherwise all the children at school start to look like candies! LOL

@ashleyantonation Glad you are doing so well! You are inspiring me to do better! I have not heard of that seasoning, but it sounds super yummy. Might have to look for it at the store. :)

@Meghan509 Your weather sounds wonderful (and so do the baked goods)! Have a great day!

@mamainthekitchen Our kiddos are the same age difference, but mine are 10 years younger. We still had to hide eggs because it is now a competition to see who gets more and the winner gets bragging rights for the next year. My kids take egg hunting VERY seriously. LOL

I am just chugging right along. 17 more alarms until summer! Happy fasting!
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    This is my 2nd day on IF. Yesterday was my first fasting day, and I nailed it!

Breakfast: Carrots, Hard boiled egg, apple
    Lunch: Sugar snap peas, lettuce/broccoli salad with soy sauce dressing, hard boiled egg
    Dinner: apple, 1/4 cup chicken

Total calories: 515.

I did the 5:2 fasting a few years ago and the biggest thing I gained was self control. That is my goal from doing this. I want to teach myself that I don’t HAVE to eat right away. It’s amazing because I’m not even hungry on my fasting days. I think it has to do with mental preparedness.

Look forward to giving weekly updates and to hearing about everyone’s progress.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Sounds like everybody is rocking and rolling - I like it!!

Welcome @ash012 sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!

Sorry this is a little short. Little busy 'round here lately!

Planning on a lighter day today. Got my yummy Mediterranean salad for lunch, which I am looking forward to!

Hope everybody has a good day and I will check in again soon.
  • Meghan509
    Happy Friday! Anybody have any fun plans this weekend? We don't have anything in particular.

Hope your Thursday was good too. :)

Not much happening here. Totally in vacation mode. One more week and a day to go!

See you guys soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Hi all... my planned fast didn’t work out... just feeling out of sorts with my arm. Cast off now but feel weaker without it! I could get a lot done with my cast on as my arm felt pretty strong but now it feels weak so even driving was a little tricky... and I needed help tying my runners!!! Well,apparently this is normal so I’ve just gotta be patient. No plans for the weekend other than maybe setting up our sun deck furniture.... we’ll see, I may just get one chair cleaned then dry it and sit in it!! Haha

Have a good one people!
    I’ll be back to normal soon!!
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

Hope your weekend is going well. Not too much happening over here. Doing some packing and clothing organizing for vacation. Kind of fun to plan for warm weather.

I am fasting today (no food, just fluids) :/ since I have a medical test tomorrow AM. So won't be doing a lighter day on Monday and will instead move that to Tuesday. This is a routine test. I am a cancer survivor, so it's what I need to do. <3

Enjoy the rest oc your weekend and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Hey, all! I am just plugging along. I am still fat and sassy. I have decided I am not even going to think about fasting or weight loss until school is out. I *will* try to keep it under control, but not going to worry if I eat the chocolate and all the carbs. Sounds like you all are doing well! @Meghan509 I am so jealous!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody!

My medical related fast went well on Sunday. And my medical test went well on Monday. Back to regular eating... Not really focused on 5/2 this week as we are trying to eat what is left in the house before we head off for vacation on Saturday. When we return we are aiming to be back at it and returning to the gym. :)

Hope everybody is well! Can you believe a month has gone by and we will start a May thread tomorrow!? Jeez that flew. :smiley:

See you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 April really did fly by! Now I just need to get my rear in gear and get everything done before the end of the semester!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Well I’m ending April with a new mindset.... I’ve been reading all about keto... mostly for my diabetic son, but it does make a lot of sense. I have already had 2 days of keto ‘like’ menus, although I washed them down with a little vino, so I suppose that doesn’t count? Ha! I think I may try keto for 3 weeks only to kick start me and propel myself into more positive mindset. Sigh... this is hard sometimes. But I know I feel better lighter, so I’ve got to do what works. Tonight’s menu was spaghetti meat sauce over zucchini noodles! I like to sauté the noodles in a pan rather than boil or micro, it seems to fry out the moisture better

Hope all is well.