Active in April

Options
1235»

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Mihani, is your sprouted grain tortilla, Ezekiel? I used to love those, but now I am GF and not found a good tortilla. Corn Ezekiels are great...but I would love a big one to make a burrito.

Ok...this is how today went

GF oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon
    one last Engine 2 burger and small baked potato
    Vegan Waldorf salad that was not that great from The WFPB cooking show
    blueberries and two ears of fresh corn
    Crisp romaine salad with a light Strawberry Balsamic Dressing from...and this is a great book

Straight Up Food by Kathy Fisher (Amazon)...She does have a recipe blog StraightupFood.com and she teaches cooking classes at TrueNorth and the McDougall Program. I LOVE THE BOOK.

ALL the heavy hitters, including Dr. Fuhrman wrote something at the beginning of the book. Highly recommend.

Alrighty then sweet peeps have a good night. Later. <3
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with that website Magic, but I haven't seen the cookbook. I did have the Ezekiel tortillas. They are really good, but hard to keep from tearing. Everything is a trade-off. Your menu sounds great.

I worked really late and not sure if I am going to eat dinner. I had 2 rice cakes late afternoon because I was getting hungry and could tell I wasn't getting out of the office on time. I love the Lundberg Farms brown rice cakes. I eat them plain or put some nut butter and/or sliced fruit on them, and they don't trigger my inner snack monster so I can eat just one or two.

Lunch was a big ol' salad. I may just eat some watermelon now and call it a day.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 967 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Delicious healthy meals all around. I might even prep and cook this weekend. I would like to try the kale/cabbage casserole. Still relying on packaged salad mixes that I add beans to.

Swam 1000 M today. First time in a long time since the dizziness. I have started doing my own yoga moves...my favorite moves that make my back feel fantastic . I ask Alexia to put on meditation/yoga music first think in the morning and do 20-30 minutes of mainly back type stretches ( child pose, cat/cow and supine twists, sphinx pose plus several gentle stretches with and without the band). I have an excellent yoga dvd but I get bored easily with exercise dvds.

I am excited about meeting a new group of women my age that bicycle. They have a ride planned on Sunday 20 miles on the flats. I have been doing 12-15 miles but with some big hills. Riding tomorrow if it does not rain.

Mihani - I am looking forward to some delicious watermelon soon!

Game of Thrones (GOT) was good but I missed watching it with Brooks.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @Mihani - I did finally try the Cabbage & Kale Casserole. I followed your lead in adding extra garlic and pepper. It's quite nice!

@Bisky - Congratulations on being back swimming! The yoga and cycling sound fantastic!

@magic71755 - I'll look up Straight Up Food by Kathy Fisher. Thanks for the rec!

Good ETL day today:
    B - spinach, blueberry, flax & cold brew smoothie
    L - steamed collards with nooch and spices, garbanzo beans, pickled raw red onions, apple slices
    S - apple slices and walnuts
    D - huge green salad (massaged kale, romaine, cherry tomatoes, pickled raw red onions, red bell pepper), cabbage and kale casserole, steamed mushrooms with spices, baked apple with a little blueberry for dessert
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 967 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you Austin!

B- German flax bread, almond butter & banana (fuel for 90 min bike ride) plus coffee with almond creamer
    L & D - Donna's biking power bowl : cabbage salad mix (- the packaged dressing), garbanzo beans, walnuts, sun flower seeds, ground flax, mushrooms on top of 1/4 cup of brown rice and quinoa. Ate 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner with WF garlic tahini dressing. I told you I have gotten lazy. Didn't even cook the rice and quinoa....something had to give. I don't even have the excuse I work. I love this mix though. My tummy loves it. No heartburn. I am so tired. Swim & walk tomorrow then Saturday is a rest day.

My recovery drink: 1 cup of brewed and then chilled Celestial Seasonings Lavender Chamomile tea, 2 0z tart cherry juice and 4 0z of TJ low calorie lemonade. If it is really hot and humid outside and for long rides I will throw in some electrolytes. I think it beats Gatorade.