Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Woo Does Not Mean Woo Hoo

jdhcm2006jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,123Member Member Posts: 2,123Member Member
I keep seeing post flagged as "woo" when the information isn't woo at all. Woo is not saying, "yeah, this is awesome information or great job." It's saying, "this is potentially dangerous and/or misleading information." It can also mean that the information posted is a myth that has been debunked. Telling someone to use a food scale to make sure they are accurately logging is not woo.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

Just throwing that out there b/c there's a particular topic on here where every helpful post from people is getting hit with woo. I'm going to assume it's b/c people don't know what it means within the realm of MFP's forum.

Replies

• TorxaTorxa Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Best way to get "woos" is to start a thread about "woo".

:)

I respectfully disagree. It is the second best way. The best way is to nicely ask for woos. Personal experience.

Except @Tacklewasher He always gets hugs no matter what, like @quiksylver296 said :)

I'm not an expert but I believe that violates the Geneva Conventions. Everyone deserves woos.

Well.

I have 619 Woo's and 7.3K Hugs, so I think @pinuplove and @quiksylver296 are winning.....

How do you find that out, about how many Hugs & Woos you have?
  • MikePTYMikePTY Posts: 2,955Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,955Member, Premium Member
    Torxa wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. It is the second best way. The best way is to nicely ask for woos. Personal experience.

Except @Tacklewasher He always gets hugs no matter what, like @quiksylver296 said :)

I'm not an expert but I believe that violates the Geneva Conventions. Everyone deserves woos.

Well.

I have 619 Woo's and 7.3K Hugs, so I think @pinuplove and @quiksylver296 are winning.....

Click on the notifications bell, and then click "All Notifications" and it will show.
  • TorxaTorxa Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Torxa wrote: »

Well.

Click on the notifications bell, and then click "All Notifications" and it will show.

Ah, mine doesn't do that. It says I don't have Notifications (it has always said I don't have them) and all I can do is click to change my Notification Preferences.