I build muscle quick!

2»

Replies

• brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    brandyme wrote: »
    What body type builds muscle quick? I mean seriously quick. I have done 3 days of Yoga after being inactive for many years and already I feel and see my biceps bulging. I love that I can build so quickly and I am curious what body type would do this so I can tailor my meals to make it even more drastic!
    You DON'T build muscle quick. What you're experiencing is an influxuation of glycogen into the muscle cells to help with the energy needs to do physical work. 3 days of exercise HARDLY even gets the muscle conditioned to do heavy overload to begin with.
    Body type (somatotyping) is a myth. It originated with a psychologist and was based on eating behaviors and physical activity to deem a body type.
    Just eat correctly for your goal and do the physical activity to help reach it. Patience and time is then needed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Fair enough. I could very well be wrong. I’m not an expert. Like I’ve said, I am just trying to understand it. I completely let go of the bodytype thing. If I’m not gaining muscle what is happening? My muscles bulked up after 3 days and even now after a week are still the same size. Noticeably bigger than 6 days ago. In the past this has always happened and I never lose the physically noticeable bulk.

How long does the influxuation of glycogen into the muscle cells last? Perhaps that is happening. If it can last this long then I can get on board with that. I would imagine if that’s the case I would lose the bulk at some point. When would that typically happen?

The most important thing I was trying to get from this post is how to tailor my diet to gain but it seems everybody is overly focused on telling me what I’m experiencing isn’t possible.

If it’s just micro tears and fluid stuck inside for repair then could it be that it takes longer for my muscles to repair and I see a bulk due to that?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    The dietary requirements to gain are eating enough protein, and eating in a surplus.

The exercise requirements to gain are doing actual strength work, not just yoga.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    Hard work for your current level of strength, whatever that may be, and progressively harder as it improves.