My boyfriend thinks I am fat

Options
2»

Replies

• ekc1961
    ekc1961 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    While I hear the feedback and it's easy to want to agree, your post doesn't articulate how he told you this etc... - I have another view you could consider. He is with you regardless of him thinking you are fat. Does he love you? Perhaps he's trying to help by being truthful. Do you think you are overweight with a 28 BMI? I'm at the same height and weight as you and I believe I am overweight and not healthy and I feel fat and out of shape. When I was at 30 BMI - the charts called me obese. We may not like the term "fat" but it is what it is. My husband and I about a month ago were brutally honest with each other about how fat we had become. He told me and I told him. Not in a tearing down way but very direct matter of fact way. I couldn't be offended nor could he because it was/is true. I finally woke up and and started doing something about it. A month later I'm down 17 lbs and motivated. He also is motivated. If he and I allowed each other to keep on that path we would be continuing to hide from ourselves and choosing not to deal with a long overdue issue. We didn't mock each other or say it in a shaming way. Only you can decide how you think he was communicating with you. But maybe it was a message you needed.